+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First ‘summer’ signing.

First ‘summer’ signing.

Mike te Wierik deal completed. Any ‘insider’ thoughts MA?

Excellent! Know nothing about him, but forward planning always welcome.

I imagine he will do an ACL in training towards the end of their season

27 year old CH. Club captain at Groningen.

6'2 and 11.5 stone defender. Right footed so would be for the Davies/Wisdom spot. No great goalscorer, 8 in 251 appearances in Holland. 3 yellows and 1 red so far this season.

Should help with the "playing out from the back" tactics.

Defensively a decent player more used to playing in tandem with his CD partner rather than alongside each other.

When we contracted "Zoon" I was negative about him. MtW could be a decent signing.

Free transfer which seems to be all we can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    27 year old CH. Club captain at Groningen.

6'2 and 11.5 stone defender. Right footed so would be for the Davies/Wisdom spot. No great goalscorer, 8 in 251 appearances in Holland. 3 yellows and 1 red so far this season.

Should help with the "playing out from the back" tactics.

Defensively a decent player more used to playing in tandem with his CD partner rather than alongside each other.

When we contracted "Zoon" I was negative about him. MtW could be a decent signing.

Free transfer which seems to be all we can afford.
    Ultimately a Keogh replacement then...which still leaves us looking for someone to fill the Clarke birth unless he’s allowed to stay for another season which I, for one, would very much welcome.

I wasnt aware that Clarke had children that old?

It's not always i before e rA

Oops! Apologies...guilty as charged!

Must have been put off by the description of MtW being 6’2’’ and only 11.5 stone. I’m 6’0’’ and 13.5 stone...does this mean you know who can add ‘fat b*****d’ to his list of charges against me?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m 6’0’’ and 13.5 stone...
    That's a pretty sturdy fence you must have!

I just did some armchair scouting, there's not much of this guy on youtube, other than some decent keepie-ups.

Who's the CB we bought a few years ago, under Clement I think, that played a couple of games then got homesick? His name escapes me?

6 foot and 15 stones here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)