+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- The old comedy acts

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Although no broadcasting company will go anywhere near him, Jerry Sadowitz is still touring and there can't be anybody who is more offensive than him.... "I prevented a rape last night, I stayed indoors"...... his act is an absolute tirade of hateful racist, homophobic, $3xist, anti-religious, disablist material delivered at breakneck speed without pausing for breath, he's literally spitting over the front rows of the audience. It's so completely over the top you feel immune to taking offense to anything for months afterwards. He was doing material on Jimmy Saville a decade or more before it became public knowledge, inbetween raping a blow up doll on stage whilst calling Nelson Mandela a [*nt.
    Sounds despicable, just like Bernard Manning.

I must confess I always found Bernard Manning a bit brutal even in his own time, but I loved Les Dawson's humour, definitely including Cosmo Smallpiece.

Out of the current selection I prefer Dara Ó Briain, and I agree about Lee Mack he's a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    You're wasting your time. It's like trying to argue with an ammonite. He thinks he has life experience because he's very old and sat in the same armchair in Nottingham for decades reading the Daily Express.
    No, probably has an executive seat in the Pavis and lunches each home match at the club. Has grown old as we all do but through age has listened and seen many situations and is still here. Probably had the guts to start his own company and risk everything instead of being safe and being told what to do. Admits to being a Tory and accepts why the Mail is the biggest selling paper in the UK and Advertisers think so as well.

Has probably seen more Notts' games than you ever will as he's alive to prove it and you've still to make it.

What do you do Frogpie?

Apologies for mentioning a modern comedian again but is anyone else a fan of Jim Jefferies? I think he's briliant and part of his brilliance is his ability to get 'a bit close to the bone' while remaining funny. His rant on US gun control while perfoming live in the USA is brilliant, for example. [from his Netflix special 'Bare' - in 2 parts on YouTube]
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-02-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Apologies for mentioning a modern comedian again but is anyone else a fan of Jim Jefferies? I think he's briliant and part of his brilliance is his ability to get 'a bit close to the bone' while remaining funny. His rant on US gun control while perfoming live in the USA is brilliant, for example. [from his Netflix special 'Bare' - in 2 parts on YouTube]
    Yes but a lot of the older clan were near the bone at times by a play on words or innuendos. As in the graphics in the saucy post cards I referred to.

Jim Jefferies, disgustingly brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Although no broadcasting company will go anywhere near him, Jerry Sadowitz is still touring and there can't be anybody who is more offensive than him.... "I prevented a rape last night, I stayed indoors"...... his act is an absolute tirade of hateful racist, homophobic, $3xist, anti-religious, disablist material delivered at breakneck speed without pausing for breath, he's literally spitting over the front rows of the audience. It's so completely over the top you feel immune to taking offense to anything for months afterwards. He was doing material on Jimmy Saville a decade or more before it became public knowledge, inbetween raping a blow up doll on stage whilst calling Nelson Mandela a [*nt.
    Is he available for children's parties?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Yes but a lot of the older clan were near the bone at times by a play on words or innuendos. As in the graphics in the saucy post cards I referred to.
    Yes indeed, they were innocent fun and 'of their time'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123