+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memories of games v Owls

Memories of games v Owls

Not been many against our MASSIVE neighbours over the years , Glynn Riley ad Mike Lester scored to win 2-1 my first time I'd seen us win there , next the Easter weekend game another win 1-0 When Norman Hunter sent Glavin ( God ) to win us the game , we've won there since , and been denied many times through flukey or sensational goals , i could never grasp why there was so much injury time played at their ground , particularly if we were winning or drawing , we've scored some beauties against them at Oakwell , Anthony Kay , Marcus Pederson , even Mike Sheron !! Are they another Bogey side though ?

That 3 nowt win on a setdy teear time at oakwell in 01/02 a think wo my best memory. Battered em that day.

Saw us only win once at Hillsborough when JCR scored midweek, crap game though but made up for so many kicks int ballax wiv ed over theear darn years

Tha reight abart Antony Kay anorrl Roma, brilliant goal wo that.

Bad-----!979 Barnsley 0 Sheff Wed 3--oppennin day of season ? Walking up Doduth Rooad back to Doduth wearing mi scarf being mocked by Pigs travelling back on cooaches.

Good---ararnd 1980/early 80's--Sheff Wed 0 Barnsley 2 Glavin and Parker. Parker got injured setting up Glavin goal
    2009---Sheff Wed 0 Barnsley 1 Bogdanovic to Mifsud to JCR cross shot into opposite corner. Gorra framed photo of ball bulging net on wall in lounge.

Aww yesss, this is MY sort of thread Roma lol. I love doing these 'memories of (various opponents)' threads on here and Ive done more than I care to remember or even mention.

I was there for a Tuesday night match in season '90-1, when the atmosphere was absolutely white hot both in and outside of the stadium.
    Andy Rambo looked like he'd scored the winner for us against them, but sadly we allowed the likes of Carlton Palmer to level for the Fowls, very late on with a diving header, and in front of their fans!!.

But hey, at least we did put them out of the Cup at Pigswillsbrough that season, on penalties lol.

Ian Banks with his 35 yard free kick that flew in to the back of the net in a 1-0 win in 1981 .

Almost 30k inside Oakwell that night .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Aww yesss, this is MY sort of thread Roma lol. I love doing these 'memories of (various opponents)' threads on here and Ive done more than I care to remember or even mention.

I was there for a Tuesday night match in season '90-1, when the atmosphere was absolutely white hot both in and outside of the stadium.
    Andy Rambo looked like he'd scored the winner for us against them, but sadly we allowed the likes of Carlton Palmer to level for the Fowls, very late on with a diving header, and in front of their fans!!.

But hey, at least we did put them out of the Cup at Pigswillsbrough that season, on penalties lol.
    Unfortunately it was the Simod Cup !!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Unfortunately it was the Simod Cup !!
    Err yes Animal kid, I know it was only in the Simon's (original Full Members) Cup lol.
    But I was just happy though to point out a rare Cup 'win' for us at their place, and even if it was on pens or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tha reight abart Antony Kay anorrl Roma, brilliant goal wo that.
    A thort mi earrd warrabart to split oppun Pass , it warra reyt goyl , awa leet eertearrd rest a match

Plenty of transfers between the clubs, we didn't do too bad with some , Brian Joycey , Peter Springett Mark Smith , Mike Prendergast , Ziggi Jonnson /Loan , Carl Bradshaw , we're all upgrades on what we had at the time ,
    however they nicked Hirsty and Larry May ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast