+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our big money sales

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Its actually more interesting Ponty, to chat about this sort of thing than the current state of affairs, under this appalling regime.

I totally agree about John Hendrie's time in management here, he was a rushed appointment to say the least. Although yes (Animal!) I do understand Danny Wilson let us down badly by doing what he did that summer.

But it quickly became clear he/Hendrie was a mistake and he was indeed responsible for us failing to get anywhere near our hopes of going strating back up or at least making it to the play offs in '98-99. In fact his only saving grace that season if we can call it that, was a neat little run to the Fa cup 5th round, where Tottenham & Ginola cheated/dived their way past us.

What was his fall out with Jan Fjortoft ?, that really was a let down for us and when we lost Ashley Ward, well the writing really was on the wall. Remember January that season, and we had Mike Turner and Karl Rose and flippin Don Goodman up front. None of them could hit a cows ar*se with a very big thing, and they all kept taking a swing at it and missing lol.

And my final piece of damning evidence here is he apparently had a fall out with Daz Barnard in November, and it was suggested he wanted to swap him with Carlton flippin Palmer!!. Then Daz played in the next game, a certain live game on Friday night against Huddersfield, and he scored an absolute worldy of a goal and his celebration showed how much he liked us as a club and a set of fans. Err, I rest my case.
    And breathe Bloody hell Acido, tha like a man possessed. If tha remembers Hendrie brought in Craig Hignett and Bruce Dyer in October/November then Sheron in January who scored plenty of goals between them so tha slightly exaggerating mate

Ps- it were 6th rarnd (not 5th) of cup when we lost to Ginolas wonder goal

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    And breathe Bloody hell Acido, tha like a man possessed. If tha remembers Hendrie brought in Craig Hignett and Bruce Dyer in October/November then Sheron in January who scored plenty of goals between them so tha slightly exaggerating mate
    Ps- it were 6th rarnd (not 5th) of cup when we lost to Ginolas wonder goal
    Ohh that was just me taking it easy Pass, I could have written a big book about it all (and no, Im not exaggerating lol).
    Yes I know Johnnie brought in messrs Craig Hignett and Bruce Dyer, but surely your scoring an own goal there by trying to say Mike Sheron was a 'good' signing lol.
    And whats one extra round in the cup between us eh, I wont lose any sleep over making that little mistake.

Watha theer tho !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Watha theer tho !!
    I really couldnt care less anymore Roma whether people think I was there or not. I know I was and I dont have to prove it, and thats all that matters to me.
    Last edited by Acido; 12-02-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123