+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: U23s @ DYS

U23s @ DYS

...... live on RamsTV tonight at 7.

We beat 'em 2-1 BTW.

And a fine game it was too MA, any win over the DYS is welcome, the scum even had a sprinkling of first teamers in there too, looks like they're having a bit of a melt down as well just recently, Ok we're still not on their level but we're moving up while they seem to be coming down, maybe we can pip them to the play offs, not that would be sweet?

I really didn't think they'd (DYS 1st team) succumb again this season. Shows how much I know.

Out 23s are having a good season, currently 3rd in their League, still in their Euro affair as well and still in their Cup thanks to that win over the DYS. No real surprise to me that we beat them. Saw it on RamsTV and was quite delighted with the performance.

U18s not doing as well as last season but still doing well. U19s play Dortmund in their Euro Cup on Tuesday and victory would see them in the last 16.

Now the 1st XI appear to have got their heads screwed on again and are on a run of 1 defeat in 11, it makes you think what the future holds. It's looking reasonably bright again.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    And a fine game it was too MA, any win over the DYS is welcome, the scum even had a sprinkling of first teamers in there too, looks like they're having a bit of a melt down as well just recently, Ok we're still not on their level but we're moving up while they seem to be coming down, maybe we can pip them to the play offs, not that would be sweet?
    Every chance that may happen.

We're doing a Derby..bottling the league.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I really didn't think they'd (DYS 1st team) succumb again this season. Shows how much I know.

Out 23s are having a good season, currently 3rd in their League, still in their Euro affair as well and still in their Cup thanks to that win over the DYS. No real surprise to me that we beat them. Saw it on RamsTV and was quite delighted with the performance.

U18s not doing as well as last season but still doing well. U19s play Dortmund in their Euro Cup on Tuesday and victory would see them in the last 16.

Now the 1st XI appear to have got their heads screwed on again and are on a run of 1 defeat in 11, it makes you think what the future holds. It's looking reasonably bright again.
    When you have a keeper who is a clown and a striker who needs 8-10 golden chances to score 1 goal..sooner or later its going to catch up with you..and it has.

Never mind..its been nice to be up there as oppose to being down there.

We've found a bit of form but we are a long way off challenging for top 6, don't think Leeds need to worry about us, pains me to say it but they still have plenty in reserve despite their little wobbles recently

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    When you have a keeper who is a clown and a striker who needs 8-10 golden chances to score 1 goal..sooner or later its going to catch up with you..and it has.

Never mind..its been nice to be up there as oppose to being down there.
    1 defeat in 11 for us now Rev, including the Cup games. Only about 12 points behind you now. I don't think we can catch you, we'd have to average almost a point a game more than you on the run in. 6th place might just be on with the emphasis on MIGHT. Only seven points to make up on 6th plave but to get there we have to overtake 7 other teams. Not impossible but highly improbable.

When you consider we lost our 3 best players from last season (all loans which were never adequately replaced) and then Keogh to Joinergate, we've done pretty well to be where we are. Most, if not all, of us are surprised we are still in with a whisper (shout would be overly optimistic) of the playoffs.

The great thing about this season is the breakthrough of so many young guns from our Academy. Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Knight and Whittaker all featuring regularly. Buchanan and Sibley have had the odd appearance and looked good. Bodes well for the future.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)