+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Thought we defended a
    Lot better today than last week. Solbaur looked better today, Anderson and J Williams much better. A gift of a goal, yet their goal came as they hadn’t been in our defensive third. That’s probably it for us really. Thomas was ineffective and had Bahre not Styles replaces him we would have upped the tempo much earlier. Simoes looks decent and Odour will get better and better. He’s got skill. Real skill. A point is a loss today. Can’t see us getting out of this now
    Yep it looks a pretty tall order , going to need to roll off 4 successive wins sooner rather than later just to keep ourselves alive .

Me neither .

It’s been said over and over but owners will be chuffed, they think we will come straight back up! In their heads when we do fans will follow us everywhere but more to the point the ones that excell can be sold on for profit, but it also gives them an excuse to cash in on Woodrow, Chaplin and Mowatt to balance the books due to loss of revenue!
    Money, Money and more Money is all they care about.

A few seasons in League 1 is what we have to come to terms with. SAD times being a Barnsley FC supporter

If they’d have just bought more wisely in defence I think the midfield and attack would have made us good enough for mid table

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    If they’d have just bought more wisely in defence I think the midfield and attack would have made us good enough for mid table
    We've absolutely given Pinnock away according to what I read about his performances at Brentford this season .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We've absolutely given Pinnock away according to what I read about his performances at Brentford this season .

What does it matter what we sell a player for anymore Animal? For instance Woodrow could leave for 8 million in the summer and we'd be hard pressed to spend 800k on his replacement. Take a wild guess where the remaining proceeds go

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    What does it matter what we sell a player for anymore Animal? For instance Woodrow could leave for 8 million in the summer and we'd be hard pressed to spend 800k on his replacement. Take a wild guess where the remaining proceeds go
    I can't follow the money trail Pass and neither can anyone else these days , the club does it's best to keep these things away from our eyes and scrutiny .

I believe the devils in the detail , every penny will be reinvested back in to the squad looks to include the wages too , which actually changes the whole narrative .

I think most fans are realistic on what the club can or can't afford so if they were far more open with us then it's likely we would be more understanding of where we actually are .

There's no wonder fans speculate and don't trust the ownership especially when they try to take us for mugs with statements .

They will never be accepted here until they invest their own money in to the club , that isn't to say they should bankroll us to oblivion .

By investing in to the club themselves the divides are broken down substantially .

They don't appear to care one jot about the fans , they just don't get football and it's emotional attachment .

Totally pure business , their club and nobody else but themselves matter .

I still think there's money laundering behind all this.
    Multi million pound transactions in different leagues, in different countries.
    There has to be some hidden reason for buying Barnsley FC and various other smaller clubs.
    There's not enough money to be made buying and selling players at our level. They'd have to discover a John Stones every season
    They could make more money from more conventional investments.
    They obviously have no interest in the game of football so why bother?
    It'll all come out in the wash.

What's happened with the free agent(s) we were bringing in after just failing, despite all the hard work, to get deals over the line in the transfer window ? Gone the same way as the record transfer signings we were abart to mek in the summer ?

Tha can't believe a word that Hoss sez.

Does ennybody else think Johnson, Trump and Conway could be brothers ?. Similar in body weight/posture and all lie through their teeth.

(Poor weshing day fo Mary. Her stained bloomers are steaming indooars folded ovva the fireguard,)

It's got to the point now where it's difficult to be overly critical or overly positive about the games. We didn't really look like ever losing the game on Saturday but I would say that was more because a bang average Wednesday team turned up that wasn't interested in trying to win the game, as opposed to the fact that we were miles better than in recent matches. We huffed and puffed but just couldn't find a clinical finish to win the game. Same old story for us I think and we're going to run out of games. I agree with what's been said by others in that the only team we could potentially catch is Charlton. The likes of Stoke, Huddersfield and Boro have too good a squad to lose more games than we will. They'll just continue to plod through to the end of the season. I've said a few times this year that it was as important to get a "plan-B" striker in as well as sorting the central defence. Plan-B is not schmidt or simeos, they're more of the same. I'm gutted to say that we're going to fall short and it's a massive shame and massive opportunity missed by the club following the heights of last season. Hopefully we're all proved wrong come May!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast