+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Break

Winter Break

Well who ever thought of that idea did a great job.....NOT
    We already have weeks of no football when there are internationals so why this Staggered' enforced break.
    Its 12°c and sunny in The midlands. Winter break, what bloody winter. Surely the break should have been in bloc and fluid to fall in line with bad weather.
    I bet when we return, one week later they will be calling off games due to snow etc.
    Pointless, Stupid and unessessary. Too much football, you have got to be joking me. I feel isolated in my home like i have Caronavirus.
    Anyone in favour?

Know what you mean TD - weekends feel like there's something missing when league football isn't on, but the players I think are knackered by the number of games through the festive period. Chance to take a mental break from the pressure and recover physically in the sun - wish I could do the same!

With only internationals playing on the international break i guess its just the internationals that get a break.
    I wish i got a break!
    I reckon we should play every side 4 times over an 11 month period.

You can't imitative it poor composition is a gift

I need a break.....

Well man City and wet spam are having a break. Works out well for us because West ham are now going to have to play a more congested fixture list in their run in. However, I've got to say it. Pep is a git. I've got 2 players now benched for someone who didn't play, someone who never plays and someone unlikely to play 🙌🙌🙌

How come the sheff utd match is on?
    Makes a mockery of the 'winter break' why play staggered matches? Had they actuall had a 2 week break this game would not have been postponed.
    Sam although its seems better West Sham have to cram in a game, it will probably be resheduled 2 days before a Citeh champions league knock out match so Citeh will field a weeker team maybe?

Bournemouth lost to SU so without playing, a good weekend for us.
    Watford 1 pt
    Brighton 1 pt
    Bournemouth 0 pt

3pts v Spurs and we could go 15th??????

A weakened Man City team still involves players wet spam can only dream about. But yeah I see your point.

Why have a winter break now anyway!? The weather is bound to be worse in a couple of weeks with snow etc. I think they should have had an inforced 1 week off all together

To be honest, i would rather they shut down football in Jan and Feb and played more in the summer. You may actually get to a few games with your replica shirt on! And im sure attendences would be up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)