+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A sinner repents.

A sinner repents.

"Lib Dem leadership contender Layla Moran said her party failed to properly explain its policy of cancelling Brexit if it won the election. "It made us look arrogant, and it made us look stupid," she says."

I won't argue with you Layla, but it's a bit late now luv.

We were on a real high going into the GE - polling well over 20%.

Then we announced our revoke policy and Swinson introduced herself as a "candidate to become your next PM"

I cringed at that and we tanked.

She was inexperienced and badly advised.

A bit like David Steel saying "Go back to your constituencies, and prepare for government!"

The punters don't like arrogance of any kind.

And this followed the amazing work that Vince Cable did for the party.

In his two years we recovered from polling 7.4% in the GE to having fantastic Council Election results, Euro results and polling well over 20% (sometimes actually leading the polls) before he retired as leader.

The epitome of a safe pair of hands.

If only....
    Last edited by 1959_60; 08-02-2020 at 01:21 PM.

The simple, unequivocal truth is that Johnson knew how to play the Brexit card. Corbyn and Swindle didn't.

The planes are still flying the Krauts are still investing: Lufthansa, BMW, Lidl and Aldi to name but a few. Once the Japs, Chinks, Yanks and African Nations realise the UK is once again a safe haven to stash their loot, the pound will jump through the roof. You watch.

I think we all hope you are right BT!

Nowt wrong with being uber confident, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    We were on a real high going into the GE - polling well over 20%.

Then we announced our revoke policy and Swinson introduced herself as a "candidate to become your next PM"

I cringed at that and we tanked.

She was inexperienced and badly advised.

A bit like David Steel saying "Go back to your constituencies, and prepare for government!"

The punters don't like arrogance of any kind.

And this followed the amazing work that Vince Cable did for the party.

In his two years we recovered from polling 7.4% in the GE to having fantastic Council Election results, Euro results and polling well over 20% (sometimes actually leading the polls) before he retired as leader.

The epitome of a safe pair of hands.

If only....
    I'm no genius 59, as you will no doubt happily confirm, but I did say at the time, that telling 17.4 million people that they were ignorant, that their votes counted for nothing and were going to be, not just ignored, but overturned was, as Layla says, arrogant and extremely stupid.

If even I could see it, why could not the LibDem leadership ? I have no problem with anyone such as your good self, or anyone who thought it best to remain in the EU, but by that decision the LibDems have made an enemy for life in me, I could be persuaded to vote Labour or Tory in future elections, but the LibDems will never, ever get my vote again, and I have voted for them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm no genius 59, as you will no doubt happily confirm, but I did say at the time, that telling 17.4 million people that they were ignorant, that their votes counted for nothing and were going to be, not just ignored, but overturned was, as Layla says, arrogant and extremely stupid.

If even I could see it, why could not the LibDem leadership ? I have no problem with anyone such as your good self, or anyone who thought it best to remain in the EU, but by that decision the LibDems have made an enemy for life in me, I could be persuaded to vote Labour or Tory in future elections, but the LibDems will never, ever get my vote again, and I have voted for them in the past.
    The Labour Party's prevarication and single-minded stupidity over the Brexit issue has cost them thousands upon thousands of real activists membership and contribution.

To treat people who are University educated members and activists such as me like eejits, really did guarantee Johnson would walk the last General Election, and he did.

On a serious and considered reflection Corbyn, Swindle or Johnson? No-brainer really.

I have no idea how this dizzy bitch pulled it off, but she did!

Attachment 14956

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

"Lib Dem leadership contender Layla Moran said her party failed to properly explain its policy of cancelling Brexit if it won the election. "It made us look arrogant, and it made us look stupid," she says."
    much like Clinton v Trump and Le Pen v Macron, made it easy for them - we got Corbin/Swindler v Johnson.......talk about scuttling your own ship !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I have no idea how this dizzy bitch pulled it off, but she did!

Attachment 14956
    Very, very convincing liar BT, 'no deal is better than a bad deal', 'Brexit means Brexit', I never doubted her incompetence but, for a few months, she fooled even me into thinking she meant what she said. Never trust a Tory.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)