+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: O/T Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    completely agree Kal, it was a boxing lesson.

I had a tenner of Fury win in round 9, cashed out in round 6 for £80 as it was clear it wasnt going to last.

Great fight though, hopefully we will see Fury and Joshua fight it out for all of the belts, massive money spinner that will be
    Well done Tanya. To have got it right within 6 mins in a big fight like that is better than all of the pro forecasters did.

Pleased you had the sense and judgement to cash out and still get a good profit instead of being greedy and hopeful and losing your stake.

Now take your Missus ou for a decent nosh up so she can't complain about you doing it again.

Dominated from start to finish! Wilder looked scared and didn't know what to do. 1st time anyone has seriously pressed him like that.

Also that bleeding from the ear can't be good for him, as well as those multiple heavy blows he took. His corner should have thrown the towel in much much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Also that bleeding from the ear can't be good for him, as well as those multiple heavy blows he took. His corner should have thrown the towel in much much earlier.
    Worked around Sport most of my life and done a bit of first aid etc as it was needed and any blow to the head that causes bleeding from the ear was a red flag moment for something serious and had to be treat with caution until the reason was recognised. The Doctors know a lot more than me but I couldn't believe they didn't pull him out straight away. I dont like Wilder as I always though he fought bums, wouldn't leave America to fight and thought his fights were hand picked for knockout wins but I hope there isnt any serious underlining issue with what happened. I also wouldn't be surprised if we dont see him in big fights again because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Worked around Sport most of my life and done a bit of first aid etc as it was needed and any blow to the head that causes bleeding from the ear was a red flag moment for something serious and had to be treat with caution until the reason was recognised. The Doctors know a lot more than me but I couldn't believe they didn't pull him out straight away. I dont like Wilder as I always though he fought bums, wouldn't leave America to fight and thought his fights were hand picked for knockout wins but I hope there isnt any serious underlining issue with what happened. I also wouldn't be surprised if we dont see him in big fights again because of this.
    Thought this as well from the 2nd round onwards. Someone had to stop it. His balance was totally out, just watched the fight again and he was holding on to the ropes quite a bit to get some balance. If it had carried on he would have spent the rest of his life eating fish n chips out of a straw.

I read he went to hospital after the fight to have stitches done ‘inside’ his ear. I imagine this is relatively good news (rather than a perforated ear drum, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I read he went to hospital after the fight to have stitches done ‘inside’ his ear. I imagine this is relatively good news (rather than a perforated ear drum, etc)?
    Aye. Kinda good news. Thankfully he'said alright cos he took a serious beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Aye, i though a bit dodgy.

I don't think they'll be rematch personally.

I agree - Fury has nothing to gain from it when you consider the other proposed fight.

Interested to hear thoughts - who would win: Joshua or Fury?

(I’d go for Joshua as I think he could keep Fury at bay.)

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I agree - Fury has nothing to gain from it when you consider the other proposed fight.

Interested to hear thoughts - who would win: Joshua or Fury?

(I’d go for Joshua as I think he could keep Fury at bay.)
    Agree with that too. If Wilder had the beating of Fury 1st time round then provided Joshua can keep Fury at bay he can wear him out.

I'd imagine that Joshua is fitter than Fury with also more stamina and more control in his mind.

Having said that, one big lucky punch over all of the match is the only thing needed to end it all.

If you dont believe in Fury after this you never will. He owned and dominated Wilder physically and mentally from start to finish and I dont think he needs to rematch unless money talks

Joshua was afraid of Wilder and is now afraid of Fury which is no disgrace as they all are to be fair.

Fury has fought champions on their own turf twice and beat them - at 50% fit he easily won the 1st Wilder fight too but Wilder was given the hometown decision draw.

Nah, Fury is the real deal chaps and a very entertaining one too.

The Gypsy King is back.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)