+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Yorkshire Police Today

South Yorkshire Police Today

I don't normally start too many threads on this board especially when it doesn't concern the millers .

However I just want to share this one with you and the behaviour of one South Yorkshire police officer following our game with Wednesday today .

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-fan-le...6KAAraUTg_zvgI

Lets hope that's the end of a not too promising career.

Some (most) coppers are dicks and can't wait for stuff like this to happen so they can Wade in.
    Saying that the 1st picture of the lad sat on the ground, he has skin missing from the knuckles of both hands. Maybe he's been dishing some out before cameras start rolling

Hmmmm...it’s difficult to make out exactly what happened such is the speed of that clip.

My first impression though is that the cop hits a grey haired bloke across the shoulders, then runs to another guy on the floor.

The guy with the bleeding head has ginger hair so maybe not the one clouted by the cop?

Like I said difficult to form any definite opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Some (most) coppers are dicks and can't wait for stuff like this to happen so they can Wade in.
    Saying that the 1st picture of the lad sat on the ground, he has skin missing from the knuckles of both hands. Maybe he's been dishing some out before cameras start rolling
    There was some disorder following the game with the younger element having a bit of a meeting up , 16 to 19 year olds .

However force like that is generally only acceptable if the police officers are under threat themselves which is fair enough as they have the right to protect themselves .

The guy struck with the baton is being charged with causing damage to police property.

The police in this country only solve 7.8% of crimes now, whereas Canada, with fewer police, solve 41%, these new, PC, university-educated coppers don't seem to be doing too well.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The police in this country only solve 7.8% of crimes now, whereas Canada, with fewer police, solve 41%, these new, PC, university-educated coppers don't seem to be doing too well.
    If someone enters my house during the night and I come downstairs and beat him to a pulp with a baseball bat then I'm in trouble aren't I if he's not threatened me personally with violence and I'm under no threat myself .

I see this from the same perspective .

Tonight in Barnsley or Rotherham town centre when there's lads having a bit of a fracas is that how its generally dealt with .

No it isn't .

What gives this police officer the right to take the law in to his own hands ?

If this fecker ain't on an assault charge then I want to know why .

Fast tracking can sometimes mean that idiots are fast tracked to positions beyond their capabilities. But the boxes are all ticked.

I think it would be unfair to single out one section of the police force for the pitiful prevention and detection rates, which are (yet another) national disgrace. I'm also not sure of the value of comparing one country's crime and detection rates with another's. They rarely compare like with like. But there is clearly a very serious problem in the UK. Whatever the government says most people agree that the declining rates of detection are linked to the decline in police funding. Figures produced in 2018 showed that Police Forces in England and Wales were receiving less funding than they got in 2010.
    Other factors come into play, of course, and we have all heard horror stories (especially here in South Yorkshire) about police incompetence. The culture in many police forces is toxic and root and stem reform is decades overdue. Even if the political will and the necessary finance were there it would take many years to make any real improvement in either the effectiveness or reputation of the police.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast