+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Yorkshire Police Today

South Yorkshire Police Today

Not having that , totally unnecessary , OK it's kicked off after the game but is that really how you deal with a few kids having some handbags .

You only use force like that when a police officer is under serious threat themselves .

Fecking out of order .

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-fan-le...6KAAraUTg_zvgI

Absolutely ridiculous and I imagine that copper could be getting suspended when you watch the full video

That copper should be charged with GBH. Why hit him on the head? Surely they aren't trained to endanger peoples lives. That lad took a serious blow to the head which could have potential fatal consequences. It's not like that copper has even reacted or made a split second decision or was being put under threat himself. It looks calculated to me and totally over the top.

There's aspects of policing that I really admire. There's heroes who put their lives on the line whilst on duty, step into dangerous situations and deal with situations most of us would cringe at. Personally I think the emphasis that they put on football matches is way over the top. These kids were doing wrong and should be punished. However, that copper made a judgement call and a bad one.

I suppose its easy to sit back and criticise when not presented with a potential dangerous situation to handle but they are trained to deal with fracas and public order. I just think to use excessive force like that, especially coming from behind whilst not under threat is as wrong, if not a worse crime as those lads were committing in the first place.

Tweet from SYP

Following the Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday match today (Saturday 8), our officers responded to disorder between fans outside of the Interchange.
    An investigation is underway into the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Tweet from SYP

Following the Barnsley V Sheffield Wednesday match today (Saturday 8), our officers responded to disorder between fans outside of the Interchange.
    An investigation is underway into the circumstances surrounding the incident.
    Take nearly 30 years for the facts to come to light then .

Now, we are assuming that it’s a SYP Officer. It may have been. The video is very disturbing. There is many occasions that other forces ( Durham are often in attendance) that attend matches at Oakwell.
    From what I’ve seen. Some buggers In trouble, whichever force.

Worth viewing the BBS video in the thread "Naughty Copper" and seeing the results of this bobbies baton attack on the young lads skull.

Totally disproportionate and unreasonable use of force in my opinion.

The lad was kicking off with another young lad and was looking the other way when this bobby flew across to hit him from behind. The kind of fight that can be seen in most tarn centres Setdi neets and is usually dealt with by restraining the culprits, not clubbing them on the skull.

Scenes from 1984/5 wi Thatcher's Bobbies came to mind. Even if the bobbies are from other forces they are under the operational control of SYP.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-02-2020 at 10:00 AM.

You have to explain even if you draw you baton never mind use it, a baton should only be used if there is a threat to life after sufficient warning has been given!
    This Policeman is in serious trouble for his actions, but an internal review must be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    You have to explain even if you draw you baton never mind use it, a baton should only be used if there is a threat to life after sufficient warning has been given!
    This Policeman is in serious trouble for his actions, but an internal review must be completed.
    It should also be used on the thigh or biceps never on the skull

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It should also be used on the thigh or biceps never on the skull
    Unless they have broken into My house

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast