+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next up, Friday night away to Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Imagine playing him in a derby etc.... Ffs.
    Lol.... Imagine him being our best player away to the best team we've played this season.... 5 games in and he's pi5h. I remember when you used to be more reasoned than this and gave players a chance.

Nobody is saying that Powers is pish. Indeed there will be games next season where we will have less of the ball and have a more defensive set up where somebody who can retain the ball, slow it down and find a pass in the midfield will be needed. Powers would fit that mould. However where we are expected to be on the front foot and coming up against banks of four and five and the ball needs to be passed quicker and forward in a much more incisive manner, then sorry but on the evidence so far, that ain’t his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Lol.... Imagine him being our best player away to the best team we've played this season.... 5 games in and he's pi5h. I remember when you used to be more reasoned than this and gave players a chance.
    I agree, players get written off far too quickly. No matter who we are playing, keeping the ball is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Imagine playing him in a derby etc.... Ffs.
    Every chance you get, you have a dig at the guy. He hadn't kicked a ball in 3 months before he signed for us, yet still puts in a MOTM performance vs Hibs. Give the boy a break ffs.

No seen anyone saying he's pish, just the fact he slows it down far too much. You can blame Neilson for playing him along side another holding midfielder at hame to the likes of Morton and Arbroath. negative as f uck

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Nobody is saying that Powers is pish. Indeed there will be games next season where we will have less of the ball and have a more defensive set up where somebody who can retain the ball, slow it down and find a pass in the midfield will be needed. Powers would fit that mould. However where we are expected to be on the front foot and coming up against banks of four and five and the ball needs to be passed quicker and forward in a much more incisive manner, then sorry but on the evidence so far, that ain’t his game.
    good post, totally correct

Ok so Shedka hasn't used the word Pi5h but he's mocked the players ability to play in a derby so he must think he's not good enough i.e pi5h.

I've already stated in previous threads that Butcher & Powers shouldn't be a pairing in midfield because they are too similar, l actually think Powers is more similar to Paul Paton when he was with us but a much better passer of the ball. Paton didn't seem to get berated as much as Powers by some though.

We have had a problem with losing the ball in midfield too easily and turning our attacks into defence. We have been crying out for a player that can keep possession and make a great pass. Powers has that attribute but does seem to be struggling with the pace of Scottish football.....but give him a chance to get up to speed with the players around him and the speed of Scottish football and he could be awesome! I do agree that we have been guilty of over playing the ball at times and our play needs to speed up but that should be the job of the wide men! Powers could be a very important player for us next season.

Ok so Shedka hasn't used the word Pi5h but he's mocked the players ability to play in a derby so he must think he's not good enough i.e pi5h.

I've already stated in previous threads that Butcher & Powers shouldn't be a pairing in midfield because they are too similar, l actually think Powers is more similar to Paul Paton when he was with us but a much better passer of the ball. Paton didn't seem to get berated as much as Powers by some though.
    in shedkas defence, which aint often, i think he's referring to the pace in that derbies are played?

I cant remember any player slowing down play as much as Powers to be honest. he's good on the ball, he's strong and intelligent whcih will be ideal for the prem but when we're trying to attack and he's on the ball 99% of the time its a side pass

P.S Paton had dig that everyone loved, i dont see that in Powers but the way he plays he doesnt need that...

What i cannot understand is why most posters have got Bingham starting,not sure if anyone has done any research on him but he was FREED by Doncaster Rovers after a 3 month contract ended,on their main message board Viking Chat not one poster thought he should have been kept on and he has either been left out their squad completely or only made the bench on every game i have looked back on.
    Doncaster Rovers posters in the main say that he just was not good enough for them but most on here seem to think that although not match fit he warrants a start at Alloa,WASC?.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)