+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Next up, Friday night away to Alloa

Think Shankland will be annoyed at himself for not hitting the target with one of the three wee chances he had.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Think Shankland will be annoyed at himself for not hitting the target with one of the three wee chances he had.
    Yeah, but he shouldn't beat himself up. Sometimes it's just no' your day.

I'm pleased we kept a clean sheet. Benji was pretty solid. And I like Watson in the centre. For me, he's better than Reynolds & Connolly. But we did give up a few chances to them.

Missed Appere yesterday I think.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Alot of frustration regarding last nights result which is rightly so as we've been "off it" for last few weeks. Injuries haven't helped but i dont think RN has helped himself with some of the selections he's made. During the first half of the season, he hardly mucked about with team selection or tactics but now he's changed everything that was working before.

Few things i noticed....

Watson should always start
    Watson was one of more consistent performers during our good run. solid and reliable. once we took him out the team we started to concede stupid goals again. we bring him back in and we keep a clean sheet? strange that.

Butcher and Powers shouldn't play together.
    Both good players and both have good attributes which are needed not only for the championship but for the prem (if we still get there). however when both play we lack real creativity. two guys effectively doing the same job. personally i dont think butcher has looked the same since powers arrival. in recent games, we should have played one of them with someone like Deco Glass who would give us that creative spark.

We can't cross a ball to save ourselves.
    The amount of crossing positions we got in and blasted the ball over everyone or into the stand. 1 quality cross would have won us the game i reckon. Shankland looked very frustrated as any crosses that came in were so poor they were easily defended or nowhere near him.

We BADLY miss clark.... like BAD
    Ill be honest, I love nicky clark. my favourite player by a mile so i was obviously gutted about his injury. we havent looked the same since. his link up play and experience has been missed. he is the missing link between midfield and shankland and we dont seem to be able to give shankland any service in recent weeks. this could also be because of mcmullan/appere missing but clark i think is a bigger miss.

Overall not acceptable last few weeks. only positives i have is we're still in a good position and that we kept a clean sheet. watson back in was big yes from me. if we can get our spark back for next week a win v ICT will surely sort the league out but we do need to get the finger out
    Great post Daz. Agree 100% mate

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    And looking at today’s results we really need to put this to bed. I never thought it would happen but it’s looking increasingly likely Hearts are coming down. Therefore next season’s Championship is going to be bloody tough especially if as looks likely Falkirk come back up also. We need to make sure we don’t need to be worrying about it so let’s get the phucking job done. Pronto.

We won't be in this division but with regards hearts, they have had a lot of luck not to be adrift so may get out of it, the sending off today gave them a life line, by all accounts a needless handball from a young Accies player when they are two up and there have been times recently those near them have imploded during games when hearts have lost which would have properly saw them stranded

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Great post Daz. Agree 100% mate

Agree what a lot of it as well

I'd add we are missing McMullan on form a lot as but add it to Appere and Clarke then it's even more noticeable

And yes Butcher Harkes for me is also a miss, don't need three in there and not butcher powers together as not needed, it's taken away from butchers game too, he doesn't need powers in there. We know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Agree what a lot of it as well....

And yes Butcher Harkes for me is also a miss, don't need three in there and not butcher powers together as not needed, it's taken away from butchers game too, he doesn't need powers in there. We know that already.
    Yet Robbie persists, funny that eh??

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Last night definitely disappointing. Delivery in final third definitely poor, but possibly made to look worse because we rarely made the transition into the final third quick enough, so Alloa time pack out defence and make it difficult to find a telling ball. I think in these situations you either need a lot of pace to turn their defence, or players with good close control and good creative passing ability to cut a way though. We fell between two stools. With no McMullan or Appere, which might gave given us more pace, we needed creativity, which having 2 defensive mids failed to give us.
    pretty much my thoughts.....our tempo didnt help everything was so slow and predictable.

3 mids but not one of them can create or find the telling pass in behind,none looked like they wanted the ball either...and we were sat so deep when the might Alloa pressed us! Our onLy real "wide man" keeps coming inside which gives opposition defenses time to set themselves as they see the ball and the men in front of them.
    We lack pace down the flanks for sure and relying on our full backs may work some of the time in this league but wont if we do make it up a level with the full backs we have.Games lIke this make me wonder why we let Stanton go now.
    Our best team is decent but without them on the pitch we dont have much on the bench to change games imo especially pace/width/creativity.
    With a striker like Shanks in the box it was criminal the standard of crossing and wide play....and yes he should have scored the header at least but the guy cant bale us out all the time.

Massive game on Friday now!!Lose and its bottle time......

ps manager needs to waken up with his selections and formation to....frustrating as...!!
    Last edited by Eamons_lost_wig_04; 16-02-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Will wait and see what happens fri. Get beat ICT will gain confidence, ours may plummet and we could well just limp over the finish line. Win confidence will be up and any aspirations teams below have of catching us will well and truly be dented/lost. Last season did we nt end up collecting more points than county between January and end of season? there’s still a long way to go though and team tactics/formations needs to be better.

Getting beat Friday is nit an option, RN has to wake the f uck up and drop Powers and stop f ucking about with line ups

Start without Watson and with Powers and we wont win...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Getting beat Friday is nit an option, RN has to wake the f uck up and drop Powers and stop f ucking about with line ups

Start without Watson and with Powers and we wont win...
    Absolutely OA. It’s primarily Powers that’s the problem. He’s come over and basically walked into a winning team. Six games since and we have won once.

Once.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)