+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Next up, Friday night away to Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    It's hard to describe how bad we are. Truly awful.

You are not a United fan, or so they think on east football.. I'm starting to think they are right as you only ever appear to have a pop at the club nothing else.

It looks like we are heading for a slow crawl to the finishing line. Our saving grace is that there are no other stand out challengers. Our points lead will get eaten away, but not sufficiently to stop us winning the title.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Results aside when was the last time we put 2 back to back good performances together?

Before all the injuries and the changes to the squad

We were always going to have a spell like this again, especially being so far ahead

That's football.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

We were always going to have a spell like this again, especially being so far ahead

That's football.
    It was the injuries to certain players that put us on our best run of form. Having them back as options started our poor run along with bringing in Powers.

Agreed we were always going to have a poor run, its just painful when it looks self inflicted by the manager

That's football.
    So, genuinely asking, when was the last times we played well twice in a row?

Poor game, basic mistakes. Not convinced by the tactics but cant legislate for as many individual mistakes as we saw tonight. Still, another point on the total. A waltz to the line would be great, but the line is what is important. If we crawl there so be it.

We really miss Nicky Clark in my opinion. His role in our winning run seems underrated in hindsight - started when he came back from injury and faltered when he broke his leg.

We are missing the balance we had when everyone was available, still a few players away from our best line up, was better than last visit there which says it all about how poor we were that night

Typical shyte away to them, plastic pitch, TV game, them well up for it as we are the big fish, tbf they defended really well and our final balls were terrible all night, I like Robson but that needs work as he was the biggest offender, the ones that were decent we were wasteful with same with any chances which weren't many

Harkes should not be the cm being subbed, Powers not needed tonight again, just not working

Very much missing a fit McMullan, Appere and as I suspected we would missing Stanton who I really wanted to stay till the summer, Clarke as well of course is still missed

If we beat Inverness next Friday then it'll look like a better point... we need to come out and do a job, remove any doubts that may be creeping into some (you can tell by posts on here that some are getting worried &#128559... I am still very relaxed and confident in the manager and team to see the job through

Reckon we'll go on another good mini run into spring to confirm automatic promotion.

You are not a United fan, or so they think on east football.. I'm starting to think they are right as you only ever appear to have a pop at the club nothing else.
    That's what I thought when I read this pish.

Jesus Christ.

probably end of November when we beat QofS 3-0 and Alloa 2-1 start of December. We played probably as many bad games as good during our unbeaten run, but during it we were tight in defence, and made chances. Now we are playing poor, likely to fog a goal, and creating little.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)