+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hull(home)predictions

Hull(home)predictions

I was so convinced this would be a win but after yesterday's performance I am opting for a draw.
    1-1

I'd change the system now slightly after looking at that yesterday. We have taken too many hits and lost all our creativity in midfield. I felt sorry for Rankin Costello yesterday, as I don't feel the number 10 position is his best at this stage. It took Dack more than one game vrs a side who will likely go up. So I hope he now doesn't take him out of the side. That will destroy the lads confidence. Play him LM and bring Downing inside. Get Johnson out of thos side. He's abysmal. Play 4-4-2 vrs Hull and go for a more solid side. We'll beat them.
    Make sure Gallagher & Armstrong play closer together as a 2 up front.

I'd go with
    Walton
    Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Travis Downing
    Bennett JRC

Armstrong
    Gallagher

I feel Bennett can offer more than Johnson and Downing offers more in the centre than out wide. It really baffles me that Mulgrew wasnt even on the bench yesterday? He can the job Johnson was put there to do. And offers is more quality on set pieces than Downing. Corners can go back to being dangerous again. And any free kick around and box. All Mulgrew has to do, is not play on defence. But surely he can play next to Travis.
    He's back, hes got fit. And his wages are costing us a fortune. And we've lost most of our midfield to injury. So I don't see why he cant come in and contribute?

Is Mulgrew fully fit, Champs?
    I know he missed the European trip because he wasn't ready.

As for the Hull game, 2-0 to Rovers. For some reason, I'm quite confident about this one, although I expect them to play for a draw.
    And, thanks heavens, it's on at a reasonable time for me.
    This middle of the night business is no fun, I can tell you.
    On Sunday, I went back to bed for a couple of hours after the game, but the grandsons arrived at 9.30 for a day at the beach!
    At my age, this represents serious exertion!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I'd change the system now slightly after looking at that yesterday. We have taken too many hits and lost all our creativity in midfield. I felt sorry for Rankin Costello yesterday, as I don't feel the number 10 position is his best at this stage. It took Dack more than one game vrs a side who will likely go up. So I hope he now doesn't take him out of the side. That will destroy the lads confidence. Play him LM and bring Downing inside. Get Johnson out of thos side. He's abysmal. Play 4-4-2 vrs Hull and go for a more solid side. We'll beat them.
    Make sure Gallagher & Armstrong play closer together as a 2 up front.

I'd go with
    Walton
    Nyambe Lenihan Tosin Bell

Travis Downing
    Bennett JRC

Armstrong
    Gallagher

I feel Bennett can offer more than Johnson and Downing offers more in the centre than out wide. It really baffles me that Mulgrew wasnt even on the bench yesterday? He can the job Johnson was put there to do. And offers is more quality on set pieces than Downing. Corners can go back to being dangerous again. And any free kick around and box. All Mulgrew has to do, is not play on defence. But surely he can play next to Travis.
    He's back, hes got fit. And his wages are costing us a fortune. And we've lost most of our midfield to injury. So I don't see why he cant come in and contribute?
    I'd be really happy with that team, Champs. The other player I might consider is Davenport, but I don't think we should take the negative line of an extra "holding" midfielder against a team like Hull. This should be a game where we look to dominate. That was never going to happen against Fulham, given our injury-list.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Is Mulgrew fully fit, Champs?
    I know he missed the European trip because he wasn't ready.

As for the Hull game, 2-0 to Rovers. For some reason, I'm quite confident about this one, although I expect them to play for a draw.
    And, thanks heavens, it's on at a reasonable time for me.
    This middle of the night business is no fun, I can tell you.
    On Sunday, I went back to bed for a couple of hours after the game, but the grandsons arrived at 9.30 for a day at the beach!
    At my age, this represents serious exertion!
    yeah, he stayed back to get himself fully fit as he stated he was carrying a knock from his time at Wigan. But he was fully fit and trained everyday last week with the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I'd be really happy with that team, Champs. The other player I might consider is Davenport, but I don't think we should take the negative line of an extra "holding" midfielder against a team like Hull. This should be a game where we look to dominate. That was never going to happen against Fulham, given our injury-list.
    I'd like to see Davenport play. I don't think we would see him play him and Travis, and Rankin Costello. Thats why I opted for bringing Bennett back in on the right. Now we know JRC wont be playing tomorrow, I think Davenport may end up playing. I still think Downing is more effective playing inside. But we are starting to get down to the bare bones. I actually would have rested him tomorrow, but I am not sure we can now.

Rovers 2 Dull 1

Rovers 2 Hull Tigers 0

Yes!!
    I thought it was never going to come, but once Lenihan had scrambled the first home, I was confident we'd get at least one more, because Hull very rarely looked threatening.
    I feel almost guilty, seeing the conditions while sitting here in the sunshine, but I bet the Ewood faithful didn't care by the end!
    Did I say 2-0, Robin?
    I'm sure I meant to type "3"!

Great result,even if the match itself didn't quite match.
    Mowbray gets a bit of stick,however his subs made quite a difference.
    3 points in the bag and on to a winnable game away at Charlton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)