+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcelo

I'll 'bite' back and express a view as 'Gill the fan'.
    Comments on Leeds player(s) fitness (or rather the Bielsa standard of fitness),the Bielsa relationship with British press weekly tests and what is going wrong etc .......

Mmm,last week I was in Leeds & Manchester getting a health check for a work visa for my trip to Moscow.In Leeds I was watching a friend (Mr E Hanley of Meanwood N.Leeds) playing a game of squash.He was still obviously the 'consummate champion' ('tho now aged 58) in the way he moved to the ball,the balanced swinging of his racquet with a never give up attitude.No wonder he was a elite rugby player in the mid to late 80's.Its widely known how he achieves such high standards then as he was into sports science big time and one of the few rugby league players to not drink,that he'd also give everything on the training pitch every day and was disciplined off it too and even now in his late 50's kids are still learning from him in a variety of community sports in Leeds he throws himself into.
    Still a modest principled man of few words he still knows how to achieve success as a player/manager so when asked on the Leeds Utd current situ he obliged with "Bielsa would achieve nothing until his players showed him that they knew they'd trust one another across the team" and that "the Leeds public also knew that was the scenario to" ...............
    So are the current team playing as one I would ask ?
    Are the Leeds public on board too ?
    (I know Jez has his opinions via Leeds players body language & I know some Leeds support are definitely not convinced at all on matters.

Similar to Bielsa Hanley is no different on/off the pitch - both dedicated to details. Bielsa lives alone in Wetherby,seeing his wife every three months shows an astounding commitment to our club (under Radds) so being 'rattled' by the English press is of no surprise as he's always on guard and to be fair is 'giving his all' literally with a squad of inherited erratic abilities,IMO.

Obviously now the UK press is looking at Bielsa closely. Evidently the London press and particularly ex Tory George Osbournes rag 'The Evening Standard' who use three media trendy experienced journalists posted outside London in James Robson (who has covered Man City and Man United for 11 years and is a “well-respected face” on the football scene in the N.West) David Lynch (who previously worked on Liverpool FC’s own website) and Ben Hayward(who has more than 15 years’ experience covering football in Spain.)These ensemble guys don't lie and know their stuff and reckon Leeds are going up playing with style.Yes,the dirty northerners in White are going up say the elite press apparently playing trendy continental football with a bunch of misfit over achievers.This point was stated to me personally by David Lynch at a FSA event.

For the journalists and myself the football Leeds play should be in the PL with the caveat of better players performing it - SO Bielsa must stay,IMO,as the foundation has been placed.
    Players will come and go especially if we go up and incoming ones will want to play for Bielsa make no mistake.

For balance we have the Guardian view ........ an honest view on the game I saw.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...p-match-report
    Living in France I'm used to seeing one striker up front and patient possession football as my youngest son has been developed in an identical football technical system as are most youngsters across Europe & the Balkans.
    I STILL think we'll go up but respect that some will find the time to critique and sadly that minority is within the Leeds support ranks that to be honest last August in truth would be happy to be in the Championship top 6 on such a limited budget.

MOT
    * Leeds 'supporters' have a crowd surfing fund up for taking donations to honour MB in the true way that we honour our own so get behind the club and dig deep.

https://m.facebook.com/nt/screen/?pa...l-city%2F&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You have none of the answers only the negative moaning. You’d spend money despite the financial constraints we have to comply with to build a team that might get promotion quicker than you think Bielsa and his squad can.
    Who would you have as manager?
    Which players would you sell?
    Which players would you buy?
    What formation would you have the team play
    How much would you pay your manager?

Answer those questions if you will.

Absolute belief you will give em all a curved ball.
    Don't have to reply to anything as on previous posts you mentioned club didn't replace roofe and pontus after letting them go.
    For a start, MB wanted a small squad as we all know he likes to play the same players. Then it was he who wanted Pontus gone not the club. There is no way in the world he didn't have anything to do with player movement. What is there is what he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    I'll 'bite' back and express a view as 'Gill the fan'.
    Comments on Leeds player(s) fitness (or rather the Bielsa standard of fitness),the Bielsa relationship with British press weekly tests and what is going wrong etc .......

Mmm,last week I was in Leeds & Manchester getting a health check for a work visa for my trip to Moscow.In Leeds I was watching a friend (Mr E Hanley of Meanwood N.Leeds) playing a game of squash.He was still obviously the 'consummate champion' ('tho now aged 58) in the way he moved to the ball,the balanced swinging of his racquet with a never give up attitude.No wonder he was a elite rugby player in the mid to late 80's.Its widely known how he achieves such high standards then as he was into sports science big time and one of the few rugby league players to not drink,that he'd also give everything on the training pitch every day and was disciplined off it too and even now in his late 50's kids are still learning from him in a variety of community sports in Leeds he throws himself into.
    Still a modest principled man of few words he still knows how to achieve success as a player/manager so when asked on the Leeds Utd current situ he obliged with "Bielsa would achieve nothing until his players showed him that they knew they'd trust one another across the team" and that "the Leeds public also knew that was the scenario to" ...............
    So are the current team playing as one I would ask ?
    Are the Leeds public on board too ?
    (I know Jez has his opinions via Leeds players body language & I know some Leeds support are definitely not convinced at all on matters.

Similar to Bielsa Hanley is no different on/off the pitch - both dedicated to details. Bielsa lives alone in Wetherby,seeing his wife every three months shows an astounding commitment to our club (under Radds) so being 'rattled' by the English press is of no surprise as he's always on guard and to be fair is 'giving his all' literally with a squad of inherited erratic abilities,IMO.

Obviously now the UK press is looking at Bielsa closely. Evidently the London press and particularly ex Tory George Osbournes rag 'The Evening Standard' who use three media trendy experienced journalists posted outside London in James Robson (who has covered Man City and Man United for 11 years and is a “well-respected face” on the football scene in the N.West) David Lynch (who previously worked on Liverpool FC’s own website) and Ben Hayward(who has more than 15 years’ experience covering football in Spain.)These ensemble guys don't lie and know their stuff and reckon Leeds are going up playing with style.Yes,the dirty northerners in White are going up say the elite press apparently playing trendy continental football with a bunch of misfit over achievers.This point was stated to me personally by David Lynch at a FSA event.

For the journalists and myself the football Leeds play should be in the PL with the caveat of better players performing it - SO Bielsa must stay,IMO,as the foundation has been placed.
    Players will come and go especially if we go up and incoming ones will want to play for Bielsa make no mistake.

For balance we have the Guardian view ........ an honest view on the game I saw.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...p-match-report
    Living in France I'm used to seeing one striker up front and patient possession football as my youngest son has been developed in an identical football technical system as are most youngsters across Europe & the Balkans.
    I STILL think we'll go up but respect that some will find the time to critique and sadly that minority is within the Leeds support ranks that to be honest last August in truth would be happy to be in the Championship top 6 on such a limited budget.

MOT
    * Leeds 'supporters' have a crowd surfing fund up for taking donations to honour MB in the true way that we honour our own so get behind the club and dig deep.

https://m.facebook.com/nt/screen/?pa...l-city%2F&_rdr
    It’s happening again. The same old story played out another time. It happened at Athletic, it happened at Marseille and it happened last season. This is what Marcelo Bielsa sides do. They start brilliantly, they ignite the enthusiasm and then they fade.
    As you say an honest view.
    Thank you for the political statement Mrs.

Paralysis by analysis. He obviously overthinks it in my opinion. Something needs changed - and soon! If we beat Brentford, I'll run up Royal Avenue in Belfast city centre naked at midday on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Don't have to reply to anything as on previous posts you mentioned club didn't replace roofe and pontus after letting them go.
    For a start, MB wanted a small squad as we all know he likes to play the same players. Then it was he who wanted Pontus gone not the club. There is no way in the world he didn't have anything to do with player movement. What is there is what he wanted.
    Oz, those questions aimed at WTF not you. Agree with your reply though

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Paralysis by analysis. He obviously overthinks it in my opinion. Something needs changed - and soon! If we beat Brentford, I'll run up Royal Avenue in Belfast city centre naked at midday on Saturday.
    I'll phone in a warning just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    You have none of the answers only the negative moaning. You’d spend money despite the financial constraints we have to comply with to build a team that might get promotion quicker than you think Bielsa and his squad can.
    Who would you have as manager?
    Which players would you sell?
    Which players would you buy?
    What formation would you have the team play
    How much would you pay your manager?

Answer those questions if you will.

Absolute belief you will give em all a curved ball.
    If Bielsa was willing/able to flex his mind, I'd retain him. If not, as said earlier, I don't know who I'd replace him with, but replace him I would (Maybe Hughton)

Not so much a case of who would I sell, more who can I shift off the books and save some money. Casilla would go, and had I been able I'd have not brought him in in the first place. If Meslier had come along, I'd have done what the club has done, and keep BPF honest with another young keeper. Neither of the newbies would have been brought in, as I'd have kept Jansson and Roofe. Most of the dross that Orta brought in has been gotten rid of, having wasted (at a conservative estimate of fees and wages whilst they were on the books, of around £6.5m), but I doubt if Okane would be a good fit, given his lengthy spell on the sidelines, so I'd let him go (As appears to be the clubs intention anyway)

If I had to buy, I'd have had a crack at getting Bowen, with Sharp as a loannee if Bowen didn't arrive. If Jansson and Roofe had been kept, I don't think the need for another striker would be anywhere near as critical as it is now.

All the above "ins" and "outs" have been at the behest of Orta/Bielsa, and they must shoulder the responsibility of the failures that have taken place, just as I'm sure they (particularly Orta) would take the credit when (if) it goes well.

Formation? Old-fashioned maybe, but 4-4-2, Roofe and Bamford up front

How much would I pay the manager? Nothing. They would get a three year contract with no annual salary. The manager/coach would be incentivised by the prospect of promotion to the PL, and rewarded with the equivalent of their annual salary (£1m x3) only at the point where promotion is certain. Players I'm sure are similarly incentivised, but also with payments for goals, assists, saves, whatever, all "on the field" matters, and therefore payment per match is understandable. Not so the manager/coach. They have one goal, and one goal only, promotion (or survival I guess, depending on what club you are talking about).

If the manager/coach can't accept that, they don't deserve to be at Leeds. I suspect many would.

So, you have your answers, although I suspect they will be rubbished, which was the point of asking I suppose. You'll revert to platitudes and happy-clapping certitude that all us "non-real fans" just need to get behind the club and all will be well.

I was gonna say i'd love to see that, but then realised i really wouldn't.

Billy just a confirmation that it happened would be enough thanks. Although we'd all be so frickin happy if we beat Brentford that we'd probably be able to take anything though - maybe the site moderators could add the photos to other previous photographic contributions and put them in a special, not to be opened until promotion, store - marked 'danger'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I was gonna say i'd love to see that, but then realised i really wouldn't.

maybe the site moderators could add the photos to other previous photographic contributions and put them in a special, not to be opened until promotion, store - marked 'danger'.
    Alongside the envelope marked Bielsa & staff wages for the last two years............

And there goes the ramblings of a desperate man.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)