+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we really turn things around?

The top 6 of the championship is as tight as a flys arse-hole..but the time for dropping silly points at home just has to stop.
    Not expecting anything Tuesday but the 2 home games after MUST reap 6 points for us to be in the hunt..no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    We have a squad that’s good enough, a manager that is good enough and a hardcore of fans that will support through thick and thin. After the next couple of matches we have a comparatively easier run in to the end of the season. Possibilities of injured players returning, an inclusion of Poveda and Augustin and a poor spell of form that will end sooner rather than later. The same players more or less created the 11 point gap that has been lost. I choose to believe in the players to come good. Some don’t but I do.

How about you?
    Its not the players (well, with a couple of notable exceptions) that are the problem, its who plays, and the tactics employed that need attention, and there is absolutely no indication that any of that will change.

A comparatively easier run in ?
    Wasn’t the, 3rd from the bottom, Wigan game at home supposed to be comparatively easy?

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Still time & games left, all other teams around us will have their " dodgy spells ". One thing should / must happen - MB must trust and use more of the U23"s, Struijk, Casey, Mcinstry, Bogusz, Cresswell, amongst others need a chance, both them or club will never know if they are good enough, until they play etc. ( think a certain Mr Ferguson would have done by now )
    With JKA getting fitter, Roberts injury free, for week or two, its more than possible, just need to keep injuries down & carefull of suspensions.
    Think the biggest hurdle is MB - will he change habit of a lifetime.
    And if the teams around us don't have a dodgy spell and they don't look like having one either.

We were 11 points clear in Dec
    Agree with the rest of your post though mate.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Its not the players (well, with a couple of notable exceptions) that are the problem, its who plays, and the tactics employed that need attention, and there is absolutely no indication that any of that will change.
    "We have a squad that’s good enough, a manager that is good enough and a hardcore of fans that will support through thick and thin"

Tell me, if we have that good enough squad and good enough manager, why have we seen an 11 point cushion disappear in less than 6 weeks, and why did we lose to relegation-fodder amongst that abysmal record?

And a nice touch that, the comment about "hardcore of fans", very "inclusive".

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "We have a squad that’s good enough, a manager that is good enough and a hardcore of fans that will support through thick and thin"

Tell me, if we have that good enough squad and good enough manager, why have we seen an 11 point cushion disappear in less than 6 weeks, and why did we lose to relegation-fodder amongst that abysmal record?"
    Let me switch that around. Why did the same squad and Bielsa manage to create an 11 point cushion?

I don’t suppose for a second that you will answer that!!

Try and be happy. Sunshine in life is good for you. A lack of it and there’s a tendency to become a grizzly grumpy old bear. Don’t you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    A comparatively easier run in ?
    Wasn’t the, 3rd from the bottom, Wigan game at home supposed to be comparatively easy?
    Thats not an argument! We beat WBA that’s the reverse of that but that didn’t and doesn’t mean we go on to beat everyone. Look at the fixtures after Bristol and tell me at least on paper that the run isn’t easier. That’s all I’m saying. Even with the Wigan upset, I would rather have our run in than some of the other top teams. I think it’s Notts Forest who have potentially the easiest run of fixtures but would have to check that again.
    Last edited by Pacaman; 09-02-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Let me switch that around. Why did the same squad and Bielsa manage to create an 11 point cushion?

I don’t suppose for a second that you will answer that!!

Try and be happy. Sunshine in life is good for you. A lack of it and there’s a tendency to become a grizzly grumpy old bear. Don’t you think?
    Happy to answer your question.

After an incredibly easy close season (for the majority of the 1st team squad), and then an incredibly hard training regime in the run up to seasons start, the players were fully recovered from the disappointment of the end of 18/19. We played well, with Bamford doing more than just hold up play, and with other players contributing to the score line. Other teams helped us, taking points off each other whilst Baggers and ourselves had favourable runs without exactly setting to world alight. For once we had an easy run for the first 12 games or so, and few crucial injuries and no suspensions (that I can remember anyway). Come December all that changed. Other teams were beginning to forge their own good runs, we maintained the "let's keep the ball for 65% of the time" and yet failed (as we have consistently for the last 18 months) to turn that into the kind of goal scoring record it deserves.

Care to argue that any of that isn't true?

And now we have a stubborn coach who appears not to see anything that can be changed, tactically or in terms of the 1st team squad (then again, look at the dross he has been given as supposed "strengthening" if that squad!). Others can and have changed, we seem incapable of doing so, or do you think Bielsa will delve into that supposedly rich source of young talent, the U23s, and work new miracles?

You were sort of doing ok up to a point and then your default struck.

So no I do not agree - is that ok?

You were sort of doing ok up to a point and then your default struck.

So no I do not agree - is that ok?
    Care to elucidate where the "up to a point" was? Or what exactly you disagree with?

At least I'm prepared to back up my pessimism with some factual narrative, even if it's in summary form. All you have done so far is say all the squad/coaching matters are in good hands, without a single shred of evidence that the situation is capable of being turned round.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)