+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vintage

Vintage

C4 journalist & full time hun hater saying some nice things about Keith. I haven’t been that way myself but I’m almost certain he’s never seen Dumbarton

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/...767827968?s=21

Cheers.

Stooge and Caddycarhandle alerted me earlier, so I screen-shot it and posted it on the Keith page as respite from photies of scenery, posts about missing cats, and ads for taxis and hairdressers.

I did, of course, add that Thommo’s none too popular at Ibrox (“something about tax, I understand”). That has already elicited a superb piece of whataboutery from a hun, referencing kiddy-fiddlage at the *****me and Channel 4’s non-investigation of that.

Snowflake. I was tempted to respond “u ok hun?”.

He waxed lyrical aboot Keith, yet never mentioned The Strathisla "a'thing's cooked to order" Cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    He waxed lyrical aboot Keith, yet never mentioned The Strathisla "a'thing's cooked to order" Cafe?
    Best baker in the land on Keith too

That would be because naebody in Keith refers to it as “the Strathisla Café”, its always having been called “Violet’s” by the populace since she and Jocky ran it as long as I can mind, until about 25 (?) years ago. “The Strathisla Bakery” is “Stronach’s”, second best butteries in the toon, only achieving the top slot when the Co-opy bakery, across the road in Fife Keith, and superbly bossed by Archie King, shut doon in the late 70s.

Archie wis oor neighbour, and my Dad used to ask us loons, mischievously, “div ye ken how Archie pits the holes in doughrings?”

Right enough the "world famous" Bervie Chipper is still known as "Jean's" to locals of a certain age.