+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quarter final draw: Motherwell or St Mirren v Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

Quarter final draw: Motherwell or St Mirren v Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

The prize for the winner of the Motherwell v St Mirren replay is a home tie against Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.

- External Link

At least we're at home but it's another dismal draw. Tricky tie for one thing but for us to have a viable chance of winning we need a few good pairings throughout the rounds to eliminate some tough opponents and Hearts v Rangers is the first - it won't be enough.

Takes the pressure right off the replay mind!

If someone said you have the possibility of two homes ties to reach the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup I would bite their hand off Bring them on COYW

On one hand sure but on the other there's absolutely no chance we have the consistency to come through a tricky tie at Dens and then four top-flight teams including at least two city clubs and one of the Old Firm. That's not meant as a criticism by any means, provincial clubs just don't win trophies with that kind of run (at least that I can ever remember). Even if you don't get complete gifts like Hearts in 98 or Killie in the LC, you need a bit of luck with the draw somewhere. If Celtic don't win the cup again I'll eat my metaphorical hat.

I still hope we go as far as possible but for me the pressure is off...if you offered me a choice between beating St Mirren in the league and losing in the cup or vice-versa I'd take the league points.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    On one hand sure but on the other there's absolutely no chance we have the consistency to come through a tricky tie at Dens and then four top-flight teams including at least two city clubs and one of the Old Firm. That's not meant as a criticism by any means, provincial clubs just don't win trophies with that kind of run (at least that I can ever remember). Even if you don't get complete gifts like Hearts in 98 or Killie in the LC, you need a bit of luck with the draw somewhere. If Celtic don't win the cup again I'll eat my metaphorical hat.

I still hope we go as far as possible but for me the pressure is off...if you offered me a choice between beating St Mirren in the league and losing in the cup or vice-versa I'd take the league points.
    Disagree on the match to win v Midden. I'll take progress in The Cup over the league win ATM. Financially (and emotionally), I'm sure we didn't budget for a 3rd place League finish this season. A win v Midden, then a home tie to make the semi's ... no brainer IMO.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)