+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Great support from the red shed. Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ybovrilfan View Post
    he's always away to watch Timbuctoo v Khairat Almaty
    Good game that was. Cracking bounce for the 2nd.

I have no idea who JJ is. I am not from Stoney, but it's nice there and wish I could afford a hoose there!
    I am just someone who has being going to Pittodrie for over 40 years, have been there for the amazing times and seen some crap games as well, but the worst thing I have done if my team is not playing well is groan and say "FFS" under my breath!
    Bet the ladies love a bad boy like you

I only know pac-man because of his unmistakable profile image. (And he's always away to watch Timbuctoo v Khairat Almaty)
    Havent made it to Africa yet

5 games in Holland in 40 hours this weekend though. Starting at De Graafschap ending at Vitesse

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Bet the ladies love a bad boy like you
    Well without being big headed, I have been successful over the years.
    I have to knock back offers now, because I have a lovely wife!
    I did make the mistake of taking my posh girlfriend from Edinburgh to Pittodrie around 1990 , when John Robertson was Hearts top striker. As the "Robertson, yer a f****n' w***er" shouts were made, she stood up and let those responsible know, in her plummy voice that he was her ****ing second cousin or something. I was *****ng mortified! I had no idea!
    Anyway, she got dumped the day I went to Italia 90!

THE RETURN OF THE RED SHED

MARCH 2, 2020 6:53 PM AUTHOR: ABERDEEN FC MEDIA TEAM The Return of the Red Shed

Building on the successful trial of the Merkland Stand as a traditional home end for our Scottish Cup fixtures against Dumbarton and Kilmarnock earlier this season we are excited to announce that the ‘Red Shed’ will become a permanent fixture here at Pittodrie for the 20/21 season.

The initiative, which was led by Dave Cormack in his new role as Chairman and driven by the Red Army, is one of a number of plans to improve the matchday experience for all and make Pittodrie everything that it should be, restoring a true home advantage for every match.

Demand for both matches surpassed all expectations with the Red Army responding in great numbers to the call to create an away atmosphere at home. After selling-out for the Dumbarton match, demand was even higher for the next round against Kilmarnock as 1,800 tickets were snapped up leading to a second sell out after just four days on sale.

AFC’s Supporter Liaison Officer, Lynn Fiske gave her reaction to the news, “Having experienced the atmosphere in the Red Shed for both matches I think this is a very positive and exciting development and I am delighted that Dave has given us this platform to build on.

“A lot of supporters have put significant time and effort into improving the atmosphere in different ways over the past few years and I am really pleased for them that they now have an area of the stadium to call their own.

“It is about something bigger; everyone has a part to play in improving the atmosphere whether they decide to be part of the Red Shed for next season or not, it is something that everyone can play a role in throughout the Main, South and Richard Donald Stands.”

Over 1,000 non-season ticket holders attended the Red Shed for both matches and it is hoped that introducing it permanently will result in some of those supporters becoming season ticket holders, giving their backing to the side at Pittodrie every week.

Jamie Howell, AFC Ticket Office Manager explained how this decision will impact existing season ticket holders in the Merkland Stand, “Despite strong demand in terms of ticket sales we were very keen to get feedback from supporters around the rest of the stadium including season ticket holders who currently sit in the Merkland Stand.

“Surveys confirm that whilst being in the Red Shed may not be for everyone, 96% of supporters are overwhelmingly in favour of it becoming a permanent feature.

“Over the next week we will be contacting all existing season ticket holders in the Merkland Stand about our plans to offer alternative seating for 20/21 for those who do not want to remain in the stand, including the first pick of seats that are not renewed ahead of the new season. We want to ensure that everyone sticks with us for what promises to be an exciting new chapter in the history of Pittodrie.”

Full information regarding season tickets for the 20/21 season will be available from week commencing 9th March.

Well done Mezz and co.
    It’s been a long haul.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789