+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1994 final full build up and match

1994 final full build up and match

Watched this over recent days, will always be for me both my favourite day as a Utd fan and our most iconic (as good as 2010 was)... A very nostalgic watch aswell now in 2020, time flies! excellent though, Golac what a guy, despite what followed a year later (his sacking did nothing to improve us in the run in) and some immense performances on the day, great blend of youth and experience

Oh and the funsters never fail to deliver a laugh, 10m35 into the vid, during highlights of an earlier round, they pitch invade an equaliser at clydebank and the bankies keeper batters a funster in the goal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wicatt84m8

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Watched this over recent days, will always be for me both my favourite day as a Utd fan and our most iconic (as good as 2010 was)... A very nostalgic watch aswell now in 2020, time flies! excellent though, Golac what a guy, despite what followed a year later (his sacking did nothing to improve us in the run in) and some immense performances on the day, great blend of youth and experience

Oh and the funsters never fail to deliver a laugh, 10m35 into the vid, during highlights of an earlier round, they pitch invade an equaliser at clydebank and the bankies keeper batters a funster in the goal

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wicatt84m8
    That was Noah that got battered,when he got home he said to his mum,"I'm just back fae Dingwall."

Ha ha... Keeper did a number on whichever funster it was

Out of all the finals we played at Hampden this is the one we were least likeliest to win apart from maybe the 1974 final v Celtic.Its amazing looking back that this team managed to do what the better team of the 80's could not.What is even more remarkable is the standard of opposition we beat that day,the all conquering Glasgow Rangers(RIP)going for a double treble.I remember on the way out of Glasgow going home there were Celtic supporters in the streets saluting us on our victory,a very proud day in the club's history,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Out of all the finals we played at Hampden this is the one we were least likeliest to win apart from maybe the 1974 final v Celtic.Its amazing looking back that this team managed to do what the better team of the 80's could not.What is even more remarkable is the standard of opposition we beat that day,the all conquering Glasgow Rangers(RIP)going for a double treble.I remember on the way out of Glasgow going home there were Celtic supporters in the streets saluting us on our victory,a very proud day in the club's history,FACT.
    Rangers fan in magnanimous gesture shocker!

We even got a thumbs up from a Rangers fan who was sitting in the back of a supporters bus we followed out of Hampden that day! 😳

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)