+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rankin Costello ........

Rankin Costello ........

......yet another injury!! He is now missing at least the next 2 matches with a hamstring. Great.
    Forget winning games, lets just try get through one 90 min game without losing another player. There are injuries, and there are our injuries!
    Time Mulgrew came in and contributed, not sure we have any other options left.

It makes me wonder if our training style is to blame.
    Seems to be quite a few similar injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    It makes me wonder if our training style is to blame.
    Seems to be quite a few similar injuries.
    I am starting to wonder. Like Holtby's sounds like a complete freak injury. The cartilage has actually ripped away from the bone. That never happens.
    Dack was a complete freak injury.
    Some of the others all seem to falling into the same category, and there are a few too many. And they keep happening.

Gallagher out as well.
    I don't think it's training, though. Too many different scenarios for the injuries.
    Hull have similar problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Gallagher out as well.
    I don't think it's training, though. Too many different scenarios for the injuries.
    Hull have similar problems.
    To be fair, Hull decided to sell their best 2 players. And the players they were missing simply aren't in the same class as Dack, Holtby or Evan's.
    I noticed back in the strange window that people where mentioning Maddison and why we should be out there paying £4m for his services. Last night he did 3 things, 2 woeful corners back to back and hit a free kick into the wall 20 yards out. And nothing else

Allegedly a bad apple by all accounts.

Also, I wasn't in favour of Raya's departure, but I've just seen another error by him on a highlights programme.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Also, I wasn't in favour of Raya's departure, but I've just seen another error by him on a highlights programme.
    I want us to sign Walton. I don't think we will get a better one on our budget.
    He has improved over the season, something Raya never seemed to do.
    Our back 5 is solid as a rock for this level.
    If we managed to get Walton and Tosin back on loan for a seaosn, I think we would stand a very good chance of making a push for the play offs, or even higher.
    As long as nobody of any real note leaves, and we shed the squad of the deadwood, Smallwood, Bennett, Mulgrew, quite a few young players who won't make it here ......I don't think we need much.

What we need is depth champs.
    First 11 and some subs are fine but scratch under the surface and we are thin on the ground.
    Injuries to our defence would be close to a disaster.

I do agree to a certain extent Robin.
    I think we need a higher level of quality.
    But to think, Smallwood and Mulgrew haven't even kicked a ball for us this season. (actually it's alot longer)
    Williams needs moving on imo .....Bell and Nyambe have made those positions their own now. We do NOT need Cunnigham back. Bennett can leave, I wouldnt be bothered to see Johnson go aswell.
    I just don't see Wharton ever getting a game. Unless he has grown 3 foot and filled out.
    Unsure about Grayson. He has missed all season, so he will not be next in line.
    Over the season Downing has improved and I can now see what he brings. Maybe find another like him? But its all guess work, and taking a gamble. Johnson has been a real let down, Downing has been a success.
    We can't rely on just youth, we need a balance.
    For me the difference between another 10th-12th place finish or getting in the play-offs rides on if we can get Tosin back. He will be the difference. Or if we can get someone nearly as good.
    I do feel we will start the season with a different Brereton. I would not be out rushing to buy a CF. We need to stick with Gallagher, him and Armstrong, backed up by Holtby. With may Butterworth and Vale starting to push.
    Mols is due to step up at some point. Rankin Costello is also due a big season, like Travis this year, same with Buckley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)