+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ex footballers who really annoy you

Martin Keown - Annoying primate looking chap who made a fool of himself celebrating after their 0-0 draw with Man Utd.

Roy Keane - People seem to love him but he's just an angry, miserable thug.

Jermaine Pennant - Nob.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    As for Trevor Sinclair I take it that was a joke he has been done for racism so no chance will the BBC touch him he also seems to have issues with the drink as well posting slurs at certain clubs fans he is a complete tool.
    Wasn't aware of that but at least (alcohol free) he can string a sentence together, which is more than can be said for Richards (early days yet though, he may improve).

We can't have a thread like this and not mention Kenny Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Wasn't aware of that but at least (alcohol free) he can string a sentence together, which is more than can be said for Richards (early days yet though, he may improve).

We can't have a thread like this and not mention Kenny Burns.
    Burns clearly is thick as two short planks I remember him saying Derby just like Leeds always bottle the play offs the irony in that statement.

I agree Richards is hopeless and Clinton Morrison is terrible as well but he is harmless.

Andy Hinchcliffe is another know all way he talks he played like Roberto Carlos.

A few decent ones out there Mustoe, Hargreaves isn’t bad, Burley pretty much all of them who aren’t on mainstream TV.

Forgot this one over the last year the best pundit on Sky by a mile was Mourinho and on foreign stations Wenger is brilliant as well ....it’s possible as those two have had very good management careers they might just know what they are talking about !
    Last edited by legs77; 10-02-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Just as it says on the tin, which ex footballers whether it be on radio, tv or in the papers really wind people up?

My choice is Michael Owen, the man just seems a massive arsehole and so full of himself. Also has a massive chip on his shoulder for some reason and there's a video on youtube where he's so big headed even Neville Southall is sick of it by the end.

https://youtu.be/WqOxNspUPyE
    I totally agree.

Liverpool were staying at the same hotel as my friend's wedding in the Gerard Houllier era.

Owen completely ignored all the children asking for a photo/autograph and went up to his room.

Absolute arrogant ignorant so and so.

Personality and charisma of a sausage roll.

The foreign players, Bjornebye, Riedle, Hyppia were all very obliging and took time out.

And as a commentator on BT (?) he is the world's dullest man.

Purely my opinions of course. Other opinions are available.

I'm astonished that Garth Crooks hasn't had a mention yet.

1. Jermaine Jenas - Scrotum
    2. Chris Sutton - Argumentatively idiot
    3. Robbie Savage - Similar egotistical behaviour to our ex chairman

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    1. Jermaine Jenas - Scrotum
    2. Chris Sutton - Argumentative idiot
    3. Robbie Savage - Similar egotistical behaviour to our ex chairman
    Correction.

As others have already said, JJ at the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I'm astonished that Garth Crooks hasn't had a mention yet.
    Yeah he is on my list but you get used to him after a while and just ignore him.

All he has done over the years is get bigger and slip a waistcoat on !

Clinton Morrision

For some reason (and I can't put my finger on it) he seems to be everywhere bumbling and mumbling along and talking nonsense in a less than eloquent way.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast