+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepies

Creepies

Haven't got a clue about this game. I just that they are another team from the middle of the division who have had some good results recently. I'm also aware that I suggested we wouldn't get the full six points from these two away games.
    A draw then?

Home games 😧

I have always said 2 points a game on average will do us, so a draw would be ok. However a win would help in case we don't get anything from Plymouth

Such pessimism! Yes, Crawley are in decent form but then so were Oldham - and so are we - although I’m expecting a little more willingness to play and a lot less gamesmanship tonight.

One thing we know is not to worry if we aren’t ahead too soon as we’ll likely outlast most opponents at the moment, but I wish someone would tell the moaning git who sits in front of me who seems to believe that we have the right to be 2 up after 10 minutes and moans at every misplaced pass, complaining that the perpetrator isn’t fit to wear the shirt and that the manager hasn’t got a clue - with sundry added expletives!! Get with the program and keep the faith, chaps !!

3-1 to the Mighty Alex, including at least one for Walker.

One moanig git in front!! You're lucky.
    Swap you any day for the moaning family a couple of rows behind me. If they want error free football, don't watch division 2 (4) games.

Crawley have won against Northampton Bradford and taken points off Forest Green, Colchester and Plymouth since the start of the year, suggesting they do better against the better footballing sides of league two. They have only lost twice in their last 13 league games (Walsaw, Oldham).

They certainly carry a goal threat in Ollie Palmer and Bez Lubala, so it is imperative that we start playing from the kick off as opposed to when we are already a goal down. They will be a bigger test for Notthingham and Offord assuming that DA is going for the same pairing. That said we are also on a roll and the 97th minute winner against Oldham will help confidence and we need all of the momentum we can get before heading to Plymouth.

Predicting a home win

Having lost only once in the past 10 games, this one will be a tough test for the lads, as Artell also points out. Also they beat Northampton 4-0, so they will be no pushovers. When we won at their place 2-1 (Ryan Wintle, Paul Green) we went to the top of the table following that game. Do the double over them tonight and we may well go top again this evening, providing Swindon slip up at Northampton. Omens on our side, hopefully. Important month this. Win tonight and against Macc and Morecambe, with an away point at Plymouth will suit me fine. Artell will then definitely be the manager of the month. Up the Alex.

Oooooh! You've done it now!🙁 Omens in our favour????
    In normal life I'm not at all superstitious but when it comes to the Alex.....!

Left it late again, but 3 very important points.

I didn't get chance to go to the game tonight. It looks like we were all over them from the text updates. How did we play? Was it a pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeco View Post
    Left it late again, but 3 very important points.

I didn't get chance to go to the game tonight. It looks like we were all over them from the text updates. How did we play? Was it a pen?
    100% penalty for us. Honestly didn't see the foul when they got one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast