+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T HS2 Announcement

O/T HS2 Announcement

Announcement now.

Going to be very divisive.

Most of the public don't want it and the costs keep doubling which indicates corruption.

Only going to Crewe/ Birmingham, the rest under review.
    Last edited by great_fire; 11-02-2020 at 12:49 PM.

By the time it’s sorted I’ll probably have no need for it.
    I’d definitely would use it if it was here now and it’s got to be a good thing taking a lot of traffic of the road wouldn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Announcement now.

Going to be very divisive.

Most of the public don't want it and the costs keep doubling which indicates corruption.

Only going to Crewe/ Birmingham, the rest under review.
    Take legal action with your corruption accusations. Instead of spouting bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Look at how France managed a similar project on much lower costs.

This will be £150 billion, maybe £200 billion by the time it's finished, it's an almost literal gravy train.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    By the time it’s sorted I’ll probably have no need for it.
    I’d definitely would use it if it was here now and it’s got to be a good thing taking a lot of traffic of the road wouldn’t it?
    Not to the people who live near the lines.

It won't take a lot of traffic off the roads anyway, it's not freight and only the rich will be able to afford it, it will probably reduce the number of internal flights.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Serious fraud office are already taking an interest.

This project will run way over budget. With lots of juicy £billion contracts up for grabs there'll be plenty of opportunity for fraud. The SFO will have their work cut out with this one.

If the one near us gets go ahead then it is near our house so will hear it, I also live near motorway which I can also hear, won’t bother me.
    I’ll more than likely moan when work starts though trying to by pass it all 😉

Johnson hinted he was going to scrap it which helped him win the leadership and the election.

He probably wouldn't have won the election if this had been announced before it.

This has been all smoke and mirrors from the start.

HS2 is basically Crossrail going north. A way to connect London to Birmingham to take advantage of cheaper housing on the route but still giving a commuter accessible route to London. It's for London's benefit nothing else. The routes beyond Birmingham will never be built they were only included to try and justify the cost of "Crossrail 2"

What's more hilarious though is those living up here that whinge about lack of investment and when one big project comes along they protest against it.

Still it will give the redundant remoaners something else to tweet about.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Johnson hinted he was going to scrap it which helped him win the leadership and the election.

He probably wouldn't have won the election if this had been announced before it.
    Absolute bollox. No oppostion with Corbyn the clown. Check the figures. Landslide by my reckoning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast