+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quarter-Final Details

Quarter-Final Details

Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 11-02-2020 at 05:45 PM.

I'd prefer to have an early kick off rather than play it on Sunday, though it might cause problems for those who work on Saturday mornings. Good to see that the Kop is partly open too, it never seems like a real game when it's closed. It would be nice for both clubs to get a decent crowd, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got much above 3,000.

Changing the kick off time cos of a wimmin’s game?

The world’s gone mad.

Does this cup get any tv coverage?

"The early kick-off is due to the FA Women's Continental Cup Final kicking off at Nottingham Forest at 5.30pm on the same day."

A non-sequiter if I've ever heard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkirk-Pie View Post
    "The early kick-off is due to the FA Women's Continental Cup Final kicking off at Nottingham Forest at 5.30pm on the same day."

A non-sequiter if I've ever heard one.
    Makes absolutely no sense to me?

My point is, I don't see why our match can't kick off at 3pm. There's another match across the river at 5.30pm - but so what? Who makes these decisions, and why? I can't imagine it's a policing issue - I can't remember the last time I saw a copper at Meadow Lane, and the other match isn't likely to attract a big crowd either (last season's attendance for the equivalent fixture was 2,424).

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkirk-Pie View Post
    My point is, I don't see why our match can't kick off at 3pm. There's another match across the river at 5.30pm - but so what? Who makes these decisions, and why? I can't imagine it's a policing issue - I can't remember the last time I saw a copper at Meadow Lane, and the other match isn't likely to attract a big crowd either (last season's attendance for the equivalent fixture was 2,424).
    Sorry, was trying to be clever with a play on your words "non-sequitur". But yes, other than that I agree with you.