+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday vs. Woking is a 'Football vs. Homophobia' Dedicated Game

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The most ironic thing is that he would be denied entry!

Thing is lads, you are the ones who don’t have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    You're allowed to be Happy and Gay, especially if we win!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Thank goodness we don't need any clues on this clear cut case then. Pray tell, what is it we 'don't have a clue' about exactly? How to be decent, reasonable and tolerant perhaps?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-02-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Oh dear, as Peter Kay said, 'I'm not scared of my house'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The most ironic thing is that he would be denied entry!
    That WAS quite funny EP.

I don't want to be anal about this (no jokes please guys), but this is just another example of how the English Language has been hijacked by illiterates.

'Homo' is a Latin prefix that refers to man, as in mankind.
    'Phobia' is a morbid fear of something.

Therefore Homophobia literally means 'Fear of mankind'. That is closer to an odd case of paranoia rather than, formally, hating homo***uals and recently meaning everybody who isn't hetero***ual.

What people who feel they need to fight the corner of non-hetero***uals should be doing is holding placards up against all bigotry in society. To be honest, I don't think I have ever been to a football match and pondered whether someone is straight, gay, lesbian, non-binary or an avid follower of bestiality. I am more concerned about whether they can play football or not.

I think it will snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    To be honest, I don't think I have ever been to a football match and pondered whether someone is straight, gay, lesbian, non-binary or an avid follower of bestiality. I am more concerned about whether they can play football or not.

I think it will snow.
    Likewise on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I don't want to be anal about this (no jokes please guys), but this is just another example of how the English Language has been hijacked by illiterates.

'Homo' is a Latin prefix that refers to man, as in mankind.
    'Phobia' is a morbid fear of something.

Therefore Homophobia literally means 'Fear of mankind'. That is closer to an odd case of paranoia rather than, formally, hating homo***uals and recently meaning everybody who isn't hetero***ual.

What people who feel they need to fight the corner of non-hetero***uals should be doing is holding placards up against all bigotry in society. To be honest, I don't think I have ever been to a football match and pondered whether someone is straight, gay, lesbian, non-binary or an avid follower of bestiality. I am more concerned about whether they can play football or not.

I think it will snow.
    On a similar note, I've often wondered why p@edophilia isn't called p@edomania to reflect the negative connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    On a similar note, I've often wondered why p@edophilia isn't called p@edomania to reflect the negative connotations.
    Good one Driller .

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    During some of last season's performances, I think Necrophilia might be more appropriate

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast