+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Saturday vs. Woking is a 'Football vs. Homophobia' Dedicated Game

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't worry, I know my place. I can only look on with envy and utter admiration at those* who sold pebble crushing machines.

* I do sometimes wonder however if all pebble crushing machine salesmen are patronising arseholes, or if it's just you.
    I know you know your place as we all do but you're again setting your sights a little low - but ignorance is bliss I suppose. Pebble crusher salesmen are nothing compared to the greater scheme of things in the selling world. You should be admiring the achievements of Boris and Nigel in selling their political views, they're genuine big hitters ...... not Menials and Lackeys like ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    I know you know your place as we all do but you're again setting your sights a little low - but ignorance is bliss I suppose. Pebble crusher salesmen are nothing compared to the greater scheme of things in the selling world. You should be admiring the achievements of Boris and Nigel in selling their political views, they're genuine big hitters ...... not Menials and Lackeys like ourselves.
    Nigel Farrago? You have to be joking. He is nobody. The ultimate hypocrite who took a fat salary under false pretences. He is marked for my silver bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Will we have one for normal people ?
    The healthy man does not torture others, generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We still have 45 games to play?

Seriously though DF, how can you "dedicate" a game? What will be different? What will happen? A minute's silence? Or applause? It's not going to prick anybody's conscience, is it? Dedicating this or that game to anything is as pointless as holding a vigil outside a church after a disaster, and will achieve as much. We'll all go home after the game and think no more of this dedication than we did before the game kicked off.
    It raises awareness and it's good PR to show that you care about stuff...

"Philanthropy is the future of marketing"

I'll be wearing my rainbow scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'll be wearing my rainbow scarf.
    Black and white one for me, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Black and white one for me, as usual.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let's put this right, Lullapie.

Homo is a Latin word that means man, or human. When it is used as a prefix, as in "homo***ual," it comes from the Greek word homos, meaning the same. It is from the word "homo***ual" that the noun homo is shortened and takes its second meaning — a derogatory term for a homo***ual or gay man.
    So, what you are saying is that 'homophobia' means 'fear of the same'? I stand to be corrected, but going by your short piece above, it should by homo***ualphobia?

Your argument is invalid, as when I went to school'phobia' meant fear of........not hatred of. I fear heights, but it's a long stretch to say I actually hate them.

Your grasp of the English language, seems to be declining, the same as your grasp on reality.
    Last edited by Lullapie; 15-02-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Some people getting suspiciously annoyed by this...
    Not really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    So, what you are saying is that 'homophobia' means 'fear of the same'? I stand to be corrected, but going by your short piece above, it should by homo***ualphobia?

Your argument is invalid, as when I went to school'phobia' meant fear of........not hatred of. I fear heights, but it's a long stretch to say I actually hate them.

Your grasp of the English language, seems to be declining, the same as your grasp on reality.

Your posts make me worry that so much smoke from the bushfires has wafted over to NZ it’s reduced the oxygen to your brain.

You may protest with your etymological pedantry, but ‘homophobia’ means ‘having a dislike or prejudice against homo***ual people’. In an age where not a single current professional male footballer has felt able to ‘come out’ its great that our club is going out of its way to make gay people feel welcome.

I don’t know why anyone would want to object to this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345