+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Nearest Challengers (3)

If Baggies keep playing like the last two games we will need binoculars to see them.

I think now 30 points (making a total of 92) from our last 14 games and we will be up. 9 wins, 3 draws and even 2 defeats should be enough imo.

Second best at the moment is 56 points so they would need to get 36 from their last 14 which is at least 12 wins out of the last 14 games, or 11 wins plus 3 draws and no defeats. Can’t see anyone doing that, although I accept you never know. Those on 55 have definitely got to win 12 out of 14 to get to 92 points.

nothing won yet but absolutely in our control now. COYB

I think 82 to 85 points will be enough to get promoted automatically and 89 will win the league. We need 7 wins and 2 draws imo

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I think 82 to 85 points will be enough to get promoted automatically and 89 will win the league. We need 7 wins and 2 draws imo
    To go up with such a low tally you have to make sure you don’t lose to Fulham,Brentford and Forest BB.

I think 82 is more than optimistic.

I think 88 is a more likely scenario for second place.

On paper we have a difficult run in, but we tend to play well against the better teams as they don't try and stop us playing as much as the teams lower down, but I feel our new signings have given us the lift we required I think 85 points will see us promoted.

2 teams have to win 9 matches from the last 14 matches to deny us promotion if we win 7 out of 14. I just don't see anyone consistent enough to get that amount of victories when everyone is beating everyone and so many draws.

The difference between us and nearly every other team is we score goals from nearly every position other teams rely on 2 or 3 players to get their goals everyone wants us to win playing great football but right now I will settle for victories anyway we can get them.

Only 2 minutes of highlights to watch but it looked like neat and tidy passing and movement to allow chances to be created and then scored, a far cry from a few weeks ago (prior to the west ham game) where we were trying fancy flicks, congested short passes and losing possession too readily. I really wish I had watched last nights game, but hopefully future performances will mirror this.
    COYB

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    I really wish I had watched last nights game, but hopefully future performances will mirror this.
    COYB
    Stargazer:
    Against Millwall and Reading we have played a very fast very precise passing game...with added press up front. No flukes. No luck. Big energy increase....👍

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    On paper we have a difficult run in...........
    We do have a difficult run in. On the flip side we're six points ahead of second place and have to play all bar one (Leeds) of the current chasing pack in the knowledge we've already taken points off all of them thus far. Although we shouldn't take anything for granted automatic promotion's very definitely in our own hands. I'd have taken that for this stage of the season before it began, especially given the protracted nature of our managerial search. We've undoubtedly got some tough games ahead but given the chasing pack all have to play us and in some instances each other, so have they.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)