+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brereton and Samuel

Well, everybody, next week's game could be a cracker!
    I'm actually away at the weekend, but I should be able to watch on my computer. I hope so, anyway.
    One Charlton fan said the only team that has looked better at their place this season than Rovers was Brentford.
    They have the best GD, the best defensive record, and only West Brom have scored more goals.
    Still, we played really well against them in the home match, and the double would be brilliant
    As Robin said, this will be a real test. I'd be happy with a draw, actually, but I'll hold fire on a prediction.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 16-02-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Carter will be looked at alot between now and next season due to his versatility.
    He can play all across the back 4 and even defence midfielder.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see stefan mols featuring before the end of the season as well.

We don't even need to go down to Brentford and win. If we did, physiologically it would have a big effect though. As we'd be in the play off spots for the first time. Ok, maybe only for a few hours until PNE played. But it piles on the pressure.
    A draw down there would be excellent. For me, the bigger factor would be not to lose Lenihan. We are 2 games away from a yellow card amnesty and he is one booking away from being suspended for 2 games. Thats concerning, as losing him would be a problem. Williams hopefully won't be fit. He is a liability and we know we cant trust him.
    The next 2 games after Brentford are both winnable. And while on paper it looks like we've lost key men, the reality is we haven't. Losing Dack was probably the best thing that could've happened to us. We are a far better side without him. As its meant we dont have to play Graham anymore. As Dack couldn't really play with anyone else. And we only had one way of playing.
    Losing Evan's was no big deal, same with Holtby. Others have stepped in and looked better.
    Losing Lenihan or, Walton, Travis, Nyambe or Tosin would be huge.
    If .....we did lose Lenihan to a 2 game suspension I would keep it simple.
    Even if William's is back, play Nyambe next to Tosin, and Bennett would have to come back in at RB.

Sometimes, Champs, you go too far!
    "Williams ... is a liability"???
    Clearly, he is not quite in the same class as Lenihan and Tosin, but calling him a "liablity" is completely over the top.
    For long periods, he was actually our most consistent player - not brilliant, but reliable and largely successful at avoiding howlers.
    You can't just dismiss him in that offhand way!

I can. It's not based on one game,its based on a long period of time. Look at the games Lenihan and Tosin have played together. The win percentage proves the point. And he isnt good enough to displace Bell. Time for him to move on.

Which long periods? Name them .....

Well, he was a Player of the Season, for a start, and when he took over from Mulgrew at centre-back, he certainly made us look more secure.
    I totally accept that he is a step down from our current pairing, but that doesn't mean he is rubbish!
    Johnson played well on Saturday, having been anonymous or worse for several months.
    I just think your judgements are too black-and-white.

And you say, "Time for him to move on", but all the players in the queue are unproven as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well, he was a Player of the Season, for a start, and when he took over from Mulgrew at centre-back, he certainly made us look more secure.
    I totally accept that he is a step down from our current pairing, but that doesn't mean he is rubbish!
    Johnson played well on Saturday, having been anonymous or worse for several months.
    I just think your judgements are too black-and-white.

And you say, "Time for him to move on", but all the players in the queue are unproven as yet.
    I am quick to point out who is way past their best. Yes.
    I said it on the first game thiscseston of Graham. Based on the performance I saw. And have been proved correct over the season. Same with Bennett, same with William's.
    On Sat the squad was full of unproven players. It was away at Sheff Wed. You make the step and see what they can do.
    Last time I watched William's was away at PNE. He was bullied woefully. And cost us the game. The manager saw what I saw. And we haven't looked back. The Mulgrews, Smallwoods, Grahams, Bennetts .... they are all part of the side that did ok one week, and lost 4-1 the next. A side going nowhere. Bit by bit they are phased out. You may well like them, but you admit yourself. You have no real passion. You dont care if we sit 15th forever. We wont with players like that.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I am quick to point out who is way past their best. Yes.
    I said it on the first game thiscseston of Graham. Based on the performance I saw. And have been proved correct over the season. Same with Bennett, same with William's.
    On Sat the squad was full of unproven players. It was away at Sheff Wed. You make the step and see what they can do.
    Last time I watched William's was away at PNE. He was bullied woefully. And cost us the game. The manager saw what I saw. And we haven't looked back. The Mulgrews, Smallwoods, Grahams, Bennetts .... they are all part of the side that did ok one week, and lost 4-1 the next. A side going nowhere. Bit by bit they are phased out. You may well like them, but you admit yourself. You have no real passion. You dont care if we sit 15th forever. We wont with players like that.
    We all have things which we see. And are positive over some things, negative over others.
    What I will never understand with you Aucks, is you will spend days, weeks, months seasons defending players like Bennett who just aren't good enough.
    What annoys me, is I give you very specific examples as to why I feel a certain way. And you will just disagree with everything I ever say. It gets a bit tireseome after while. But you choose to ignore my posts, and make me out to be a mad man, who just says these things without any substance. Like I have just dreamt up that I don't rate Williams at all.
    Bradley Dack got player of the season, not Williams. What are you talking about?
    I could just ignore you, but I dont like being that person, I think its rude.
    I do not appreciate some guy I dont know disagreeing with everything I ever say. I am getting to the point where I dont want to post anymore.
    I disagree with alot you say, but I dont feel the need to come on and pick your views apart.

So now you will have read my response after that Armstrong comment.
    I am intruiged at this and just wanted to ask.
    I saw, you saw, we all saw Armstrong'ss miss.
    The 25 yarder he scored made up for it,. which gets no mention.
    So you see a miss, but the goal, worth the admission fee alone, doesn't get a mention.
    You tend to see a miss from Armstrong, but fail to miss Elliott Bennett giving the ball away. Knocking crosses out of play.
    You talk up Williams, and fail to see any mistake he makes.
    You talk up Graham, but fail to see his weakness. But you DO see a weakness in Armstrong.
    Is that because I said it?
    Or because you genuinley have concerns over Armstrong?
    But you DON'T have concerns over Bennett etc?
    I find that odd ......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)