+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brereton and Samuel

And my point is, no even with 9 players out, still don't play Bennett. He offers nothing. Just bring the next lad through. If Bennett contributed like Downing, he'd be playing. Look at Johnson. Hes been a let down all season. But of late, suddenly hes having an impact. Quite a big one. He could be crucial in the final part of the season. If you cant contribute you don't play. Full team or not. We've carried too many players for too long.

You're more of an optimist than me, Champs. Two points per game is a huge task. And we have most of those ahead of us to come.
    Take a glance at today's results. Lots of "favourites" turned over, There is no guarantee in this Division that a run will be sustained by anyone!
    Look at what happened to the two leaders for a while, and Sheffield Wednesday seem to be in free-fall at the moment.
    Game by game for me.
    We'll have to differ on Bennett. I just don't see how a player who "has been carried" and "offers nothing" would have been picked so often by an experienced professional who has proved he can be ruthless when required.
    Using the example of Johnson seems strange to me. The whole point about him is that he looked anonymous for a long time, after his initial good month, but is now back in form again. That is what happens with players sometimes. It was the same with Bell, and both are starting to repay Mowbray's faith in them. Why would TM have a different motive for selecting Bennett so often?

The thing about us at the moment is that we look so efficient and professional. A lot of it stems from the defence being so confident.
    How long is it since a clean sheet is sort of expected, instead of being a surprise?
    I went back to bed after the game, but didn't get much more sleep, but I always have a very sound kip on Sunday nights these days!
    We have just officially moved into Auckland's longest ever period without appreciable rain - 40 days. I'm beginning to think England is getting all of our as well.
    A special word for Samuel. He could easily have moved on in January, but I thought he looked good today. I sort of wish we had kept Gladwin as well - given all the injuries. He never got a chance to prove himself, really.

The lads that have come in are doing us proud.. the sign of a tight knit squad fighting for each other.. credit has to go to TM for that.

Good players have stepped up like Armstrong to be our talisman and Travis, Bell, Nyambe Lenihan, Tosin are all consistently good. And everyone seems to be enjoying playing.
    More and more I feel we need to really try and keep this goalkeeper here next season. Its crucial.

I thought we would win today but with little fear of a comeback from Charlton shows we are turning from a team treading water,into a team wanting to progress.
    Things are looking good and the academy is starting to produce a team to be proud of.
    Small steps and still under the radar.
    come may who knows,we could well be in the top 6.
    Tough tough game next though,just cannot see us getting a positive result sorry for the negativity on such a positive day.

Good comments.
    On the subject of centre-backs, I thought Charlton's Sarr was quite impressive. I wonder if he is someone we could have a look at if we can't keep Tosin.
    Just had a look at Transfermarkt. He's only valued at about 415,000 pounds. I'm quite surprised. I thought he was their best player by far.
    Incidentally, was that the worst refereeing performance of the season?
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 15-02-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I thought we would win today but with little fear of a comeback from Charlton shows we are turning from a team treading water,into a team wanting to progress.
    Things are looking good and the academy is starting to produce a team to be proud of.
    Small steps and still under the radar.
    come may who knows,we could well be in the top 6.
    Tough tough game next though,just cannot see us getting a positive result sorry for the negativity on such a positive day.

We beat Brentford on their own patch, and I suspect we won't be under the radar anymore.. if it happens I'll be expecting dirty tricks from certain media attempting to derail us.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Good comments.
    On the subject of centre-backs, I thought Charlton's Sarr was quite impressive. I wonder if he is someone we could have a look at if we can't keep Tosin.
    Just had a look at Transfermarkt. He's only valued at about 415,000 pounds. I'm quite surprised. I thought he was their best player by far.
    Incidentally, was that the worst refereeing performance of the season?
    The ref bottled that didn't he!! If he'd given the pen he would've had to send their player off aswell. And he started giving us decisions because he felt embarrassed I think.
    On the subject of who played well today, I felt that was Waltons best display for Rovers. He was superb and made some ***** saves.
    It was a tough day to go down there, they had 26k on. Great performance to go and silence that crowd

Very hard to pick our best player.
    Walton was flawless. Nyambe, Lenihan, Downing, Travis and Buckley also very good. (Buckley still looks like that wind should have blown him over, but he's very agile and nimble).
    Not to forget Samuel.
    Nice to see yet another of our eight U-23 centre-backs in the squad.
    (I'm serious; I just counted: Wharton, Magloire, Platt, Grayson, Annesley, Doyle, Barnes, Carter!)

Incidentally, Champs, some very complimentary comments about Rovers on the Charlton fans' site I looked at. I have to say, it's very civilised, compared to some of the Rovers forums - although there were a few cries of "Bowyer out!"
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 15-02-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)