+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gibson now training with Middlesbrough. WTF?

Gibson now training with Middlesbrough. WTF?

Doesn't come much dafter than this - even for us...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-contract.html

It seems pretty obvious that relations between the Club and player are going to break down if you pay £15m for someone and then don't play them.The player is going to blame the Club and get frustrated and,maybe,the Club think he is not working hard enough to earn a place.Sensible decision all round would be to sell him,take a loss,then move on.

Strange way to run a football club, we don't want to play him, we don't even want him training with us, but despite having had a month to get him off our books, we're still paying him big money to do feck all. Sometimes we don't act at all like a club that has to be careful with it's money, we act like the stuff is totally irrelevant to us. It's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Strange way to run a football club, we don't want to play him, we don't even want him training with us, but despite having had a month to get him off our books, we're still paying him big money to do feck all. Sometimes we don't act at all like a club that has to be careful with it's money, we act like the stuff is totally irrelevant to us. It's bizarre.
    Mirrors my own thoughts exactly sinkov. Same goes for Vydra. Is the new CEO bonkers or what?

I keep saying time and time again, Garlick & Co may be good with their own businesses, but when it comes to running a football club (one that is in the PL ) they are below amateur standard even for a league 2 Club, they are pathetic ��

We reportedly paid £15 million for Gibson and by all accounts he is on 40k a week.

How the phook has this situation arose? t just makes no sense whatsoever, especially for a club that constantly pleads poverty. I'm at a loss, I really am.

It's an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    It's an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.
    Or it could be as Alto said, the club is run by people who don't really know what they're doing.

This does seems to be a strange situation. Why would a football club allow one their most expensive signings to train with another club. The only reason I can see is that relations between the player and management have completely broken down and are considered beyond repair. I can understand the frustration of the player who is not playing regularly, but he signed a contract and should see that contract out to the best of his ability after all he is being paid handsomely to train and be available for selection. As he has been allowed to train with Middlesboro FC, he is obviously unavailable for team selection, so hopefully he has agreed a wage cut. I would also suggest that he may have damaged his own chance of a move to a premier league football club if he has refused to train properly with Burnley FC.

The guy scored the first and last time he played for BFC and was then substituted.Never played since.Now he is training with Middlesborough.
    The icing on the cake would be Rigg saying it is a good deal for BFC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)