+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bonners Job

Bonners Job

Winning three on the trot is a remarkable achievement, and he is in charge for the forseeable future. It was now or never. I hope that this isn't another blow hot then cold roller coaster. He has some not so hard decisions to make in regards to the players.

Rusk has quit his job apparently, then United have left him dangling. O dear. I would not like that to happen to me. Being naughty there. The future under Bonner and a future under Rusk, which one would have been better? we will never know. Bonner has intelligence and drive with an uncommon common.

I hope he has the round things to get rid of what he should get shot of. Apart from Calderwood, they still surrendered under Dunne, and I think they will do it again. The real interview panel are the players, there is too much dead wood. Then there is the board and the staff to cope with. If he wants to make appropriate changes can he?

Being a manager is more than picking a team, he has to impose a philosophy, a way of doing things, he must bend it to his will. If he cant, it will be the beginning of the end.

Jean Jacques Roussea.

There's been some excellent results lately Frank and I couldn't believe it when I saw Utd in the top half of the division yesterday,there's certainly something there to build on
    You thinking about going down to The Abbey again?

United have got onto the front page of La Gazzetta Della Sporto in Italy, even they cant believe it. My hives and constipation are clearing up.

I had been due several treatments for ECT, not only for depression and manic episodes, but in the hope my brain will become more liquid, so that I may forget. Not much chance of that, as I still get constant replays of Big Jake.
    What is more important and less expected is your sudden reappearance. Is something wrong?

You have either sneaked past Sue to get to the computer, or you are back home. Neither augers well. I am tempted to go Saturday, but we will see. As you can see my readership is expanding, one thread got over a 1,000 hits.

Henry Miller.

As per Henry, im thinking of introducing a kinky side to football.

I'm back home to check on storm damage from over the weekend and see if there's any important mail,getting home was a nightmare,200 miles and a hours ferry is usually long enough for me in one go but when I made my way through Nottingham and wanted to cross Clifton Bridge it took me two hours to do a ten minute journey because of repairs to the bridge,last Monday Nottingham made it into the news because it was the most gridlocked city in the world because of the roadworks ... IN THE WORLD!
    Go to watch Utd on Saturday Frank,get back into the routine because you are a genuine supporter and your club needs you,I was thinking about going to watch Notts but I've noticed that they've made Saturday a gay celebration day or summat like that celebrating homo***uality so I think that I will leave it,I'm slowly seeing less and less reasons to stay here and to move
    Wisbech don't look to good,they got beat by Carlton last Saturday (I think) and are rock bottom of the league but there's still plenty of time for a mini revival so fingers crossed

I thought you had moved. I did go to the Carlton game, Wisbech had a player sent off which didn't help. Carlton are no great shakes. The Wisbech manager still thinks they can get out of trouble, and they got him from March Town. I can hear you think it, wheres the hell is March?

There is a naked bike ride through Cambridge city centre every year. The world is becoming ever more anarchic due to the liberals. God help us. Whatever practices people get up to, why cant they keep it to themselves? If you object, your in trouble.

No I haven't moved yet Frank,I own a house (well 50% of one anyhow) and have to do a monthly visit to check on stuff,it I didn't own it then there wouldn't have been any way that I could have retired ten years early,I want to sell but my ex doesn't and I can't afford to buy her out,I think that she's waiting for me to peg it so that she gets the lot but there's always the small chance that she will go before me,if or when we do sell the house then that will be it for me and I will be gone as life's good in Shanklin,I'm happy there with its slower pace and wonderful nature
    Carlton are punching above their weight as last season they should have been relegated but they survived the drop,I'm hoping that Wisbech do the same,I haven't missed football at all and can probably live without going to see it but I the lure of Jeff Stelling and the videprinter on a Saturday afternoon is too much to resist,Notts are in the last eight of the FA Trophy and if they made Wembley then I would go as a fitting goodbye,40 years of suffering is enough for anyone

Bloody hell Frank,isn't that four (4) on the bounce now,You could be in the playoffs by the end of the season at this rate,C'mon you've got to be happy now?

Name:  Screenshot_2020-02-16-11-48-15.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  19.9 KB

Well that's it,no damage from the storms so I'm heading back darn sarf for a while as I will have a Sunday dinner waiting for me when I get there,you can get the greatest pleasure from the smallest things
    One thing that I haven't missed is the bleedin adverts making posting almost impossible,I thought that it was just me until somebody else mentioned it on Nottsmad and ad.blocker doesn't work before you.suggest it

Ta ra me ducks,take care of yourselves and try to be nice to each other as there's only four left on here now and it seems silly to bait one another,what would Jesus do eh?

What Would Jesus Do?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)