+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dee players who won over the boo boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Barry Smith, when he first arrived with thon rather large arse took a bit of stick.

Rab Douglas didnae go Doon well at first.

Moussa??? Left with a wee bit of respect.

Ooh ooh pageud had an early howler but became a bit of a cult hero.

George mcgeachie.

Jim Duffy Tele by Knox he wasnae at Morton now, don't think crowd got after him though.

Jordan forster....cud he win the crowd over?
    Vince Minnie is for sure looked at more favourably now than at the time,

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I thought Colin Harris who was swapped for Graham Harvey always got a raw deal at dens, but Harvey was great. When you think of all the very decent players who were around, in all the teams, back then you wonder what’s happened to football.

For the record I don’t think Forster is a victim of the boo boys, I think he’s the instigator!
    Colin Harris had the Alan Shearer style goal celebration before Alan Shearer was a twinkle in his dad's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Vince Minnie is for sure looked at more favourably now than at the time,
    Ahh vince, another who fell victim to the we paid money for you do something....aka Kevin Holt.

myb not a target for the boo boys however eddie the eagle knew where the goal was,must admit he took me by surprise
    agree wi H loads o decent players all around back then,the youngsters now are suffering from the xbox/playstation effect imo

More recently I thought Nic Ross was better than the mob thought.

Always looked quite an introvert to me very un footballer like.

Ahh vince, another who fell victim to the we paid money for you do something....aka Kevin Holt.
    Vince Minnie was a fraud, I remember one midweek match, might have been Forfarshire
    Cup, he was out with a viral infection, we walked into Ferrari’s after the match, he was standing with a bottle of becks

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Vince Minnie was a fraud, I remember one midweek match, might have been Forfarshire
    Cup, he was out with a viral infection, we walked into Ferrari’s after the match, he was standing with a bottle of becks
    He was german

He was german
    He wasn’t just German, he was a Ginger German, no many of them around in Hitlers day

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    He wasn’t just German, he was a Ginger German, no many of them around in Hitlers day
    A ginger German Becks drinking forfarshire cup dodging Dee.....Lol.....booooooo

haha...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)