+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you rather have ?

What would you rather have ?

I came across this yesterday.Would you rather ;

1. Newcastle win FA Cup this season and Ashley stays.
    2. We dont win it and the takeover isnt a fakeover

I would go for number 2.Whilst it would be great to win something I look at the bigger picture. If it is massive investment coming our chances of winning things in future increase.

In reality though we all know half of 1 will happen and 2 well,we know what to do with that thought.

number 1

huge investment doesnt necessary win things

and even if we do get a huge investment in
    dosnt mean we will win straaight away
    may take several years if not 10,s of years
    and as im older than some

ill take a trophy now
    rather than a dream that might be

I'll have a number 2 thank you with a side order of chips all day long.

Only way to move forward is Ashley leaving
    As much as I want a cup
    Were going nowhere under Mike and never will

Can't we win the fa cup and then Ashley sells the day after?

No? Humph....no.2 then...

Number one is short term glory number two could lead to us becoming a normal respected club again instead of the joke we have become.

Also number two could lead to the glory of number one again and again without the greedy leach gleaning off all of the profit and glory.

Number one voters are either small minded and can't think of future benefits os just simply wind up merchants

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Number one is short term glory number two could lead to us becoming a normal respected club again instead of the joke we have become.

Also number two could lead to the glory of number one again and again without the greedy leach gleaning off all of the profit and glory.

Number one voters are either small minded and can't think of future benefits os just simply wind up merchants
    an honest question pat

how do you know who ever buys us will spend the money you want ash to or indeed will have to, to become this team we all want that can compete in all competitions

if kenyon had brought us where was his money coming from ,he didnt have the 350 mill and even if ash had moved the goals to say 400 mill surely if we want an owner willing to spend then he could have found another 40-50 mill

the saudis havent even spent the 250k to look at the books

stavely is wroth 250 mill
    is she going to gambe everything on us
    and if she does where is the rest of the money coming from
    and if she is borrowing
    where is the return going to come from

the truth is owners like city and liverpool are far far away (i think liverpools net spend over recent years is less than 200 mill )

even manure are not spending anywhere near their turnover

spuds ??

west ham spent a load
    below us

so are many others

iwant a new owner to come in and spend massive and us match going fans will get the return we deserve for our hard eannred ticket money for the last 10-15 years

but who will invest a billion pounds in the prem when very soon we may have a break away league with the top 6 going

it wont happen

so we are stuck

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    an honest question pat

how do you know who ever buys us will spend the money you want ash to or indeed will have to, to become this team we all want that can compete in all competitions

if kenyon had brought us where was his money coming from ,he didnt have the 350 mill and even if ash had moved the goals to say 400 mill surely if we want an owner willing to spend then he could have found another 40-50 mill

the saudis havent even spent the 250k to look at the books

stavely is wroth 250 mill
    is she going to gambe everything on us
    and if she does where is the rest of the money coming from
    and if she is borrowing
    where is the return going to come from

the truth is owners like city and liverpool are far far away (i think liverpools net spend over recent years is less than 200 mill )

even manure are not spending anywhere near their turnover

spuds ??

west ham spent a load
    below us

so are many others

iwant a new owner to come in and spend massive and us match going fans will get the return we deserve for our hard eannred ticket money for the last 10-15 years

but who will invest a billion pounds in the prem when very soon we may have a break away league with the top 6 going

it wont happen

so we are stuck
    Don't say you want a new owner as for the past few years you and your paramour have been lauding Ashley while he's done more damage to this club which will take years to recover from. And remember with your unwavering support.

Well I want a new owner who will reinvest the advertising money for a start instead of it helping to prop up a company which has developed on virtually slave labour all over the world. This properly conducted could have been a couple of hundred million over Ashley's tenure.

A new owner who would modernise the training and youth development facilities. Bring the coaching system up to date and spend money on a good scouting system.

A new owner who would appoint a TOP manager, eqivalent to the quality of Rafa and back him instead of lying through his teeth to him and stabbing him in the back.

A new owner we could respect and believe who would restore back to the club the respect, honesty and integrty we have lost.

All of those things above you have had the stupidity to applaud Ashley for and indeed try to argue the benefit of. IT BEGGARS BELIEF.

Before this goes where it shouldnt and off track YET again. I am not bothered about any other failed fakeover. The one I am on about for this question is the Saudi investment group with all their wealth.

So its ;

1. Win FA Cup and Ashley stays

2 Dont win it and the Saudi investment group take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Before this goes where it shouldnt and off track YET again. I am not bothered about any other failed fakeover. The one I am on about for this question is the Saudi investment group with all their wealth.

So its ;

1. Win FA Cup and Ashley stays

2 Dont win it and the Saudi investment group take over.
    It’s a 2 from me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)