+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coco hearing next week

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    WTF, will say that you were adamant about BPF being a better option that kiki. You have been proven right on that one even without the wage consideration.

it is the perfect set up to bring in Meslier and season him in a fire that's unmatched anywhere in the championship. what a spring board that would be for us and his career.

we've come to expect little out of the FA so it's too much to hope they'd acutally ban him. However, I will say that we did seem to have a very good ref for the Brentford game. That was a prem level ref that we were lucky to have do that critical game (for both teams). He was a non factor in the game which is what all good refs hope to be.
    Agreed on the ref on Tuesday, for all the rolling around and feigning injuries, there were only 4 minutes added, and he wasn't having players laying around for too long before telling 'em to sling their hook to the sideline.

As for Casilla, I said Bielsa wouldn't swap him for Meslier

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Bielsa just confirmed Kiko will play against the titties on Saturday....great stuff
    Give me clucking strength.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Hopefully banned for the rest of the season..... seriously, I really hope so.
    You know they will f us up by giving him the all-clear so he will be between the sticks till the end of time lol

I am in the camp that Kiko needs dropping, however would playing Meslier solve this problem?,

We have seen him only once in a game there was no pressure, nothing was expected of us,

His distribution was very good, he hardly had anything else to do,

Kikos's distribution is also very good 99% of the time and agreed he has cost us points ( we can also say our on field players have done that by not scoring) but he has also made some fine saves that have kept us in games,

If the young kid comes in and makes a mistake then what,

Catch 22 is all i am saying,

And as i keep saying we are playing very well without winning, maybe after Tuesdays brilliant performance where we made a very good side look average at best, maybe this is the turning point.

A clown put on trial by a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    I am in the camp that Kiko needs dropping, however would playing Meslier solve this problem?,

We have seen him only once in a game there was no pressure, nothing was expected of us,

His distribution was very good, he hardly had anything else to do,

Kikos's distribution is also very good 99% of the time and agreed he has cost us points ( we can also say our on field players have done that by not scoring) but he has also made some fine saves that have kept us in games,

If the young kid comes in and makes a mistake then what,

Catch 22 is all i am saying,

And as i keep saying we are playing very well without winning, maybe after Tuesdays brilliant performance where we made a very good side look average at best, maybe this is the turning point.
    Pete, I think we are kind of at the point where it is nearly to late to drop Kiko, pretty much for the reasons you have stated. In addition I am hoping that all his mistakes are made for the season now, he knows he has let the team down more than once so hopefully he will be more focused and motivated.

Every game is a cup final now, Meslier is an unknown entity really in the championship. A lot of opinion is based on the 1 game we have seen him play. If he had played a few more matches earlier in season, I would say throw him in, but he hasn't so I think it is the wrong time now to do it at business end of the season

Kiko was decent before Christmas.

Still think the biggest problem is our lack of goals mean we pay the price for the odd slip up at the back.

If we converted two or three a game then conceding the odd goal no longer matters.

BPF was pretty crap - irrespective of what you think of Kiko.

Wish we had a modern day Paul Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Kiko was decent before Christmas.

Still think the biggest problem is our lack of goals mean we pay the price for the odd slip up at the back.

If we converted two or three a game then conceding the odd goal no longer matters.

BPF was pretty crap - irrespective of what you think of Kiko.

Wish we had a modern day Paul Robinson
    "BPF was pretty crap"???? Taken you to task before about this, and will do again. BPF was replaced when Casilla was obtained having generated stats that Casilla would LOVE to be able claim. Casillas stats for the remainder of last season were worse in all areas apart from distribution than BPFs. BPF leaving the club meant that when the clown went bananas at the end of last season, we had no alternative and look what happened.

We are back there now, and for reasons I will agree with you on, Bielsa stubborness in playing Casilla as long as he was availale, irrespective of how much trouble he caused, has left us with little evidence of whether Mesliers performance against Arsenal was a flash in the pan or not, so I don't expect Bielsa to change his mind this late in the day (so here's hoping the authorities do that for us!)

We can debate all we like but, Unless he’s banned or injured, he’s gonna play. So get used to it.

Taken you to task - are you a head master.
    My opinion not yours is BPF was crap - he also had an opinion of himself way above what he showed talent wise.

Was glad when he was shown the door.

Meslier should have been given more game time and if so am sure would have displaced Kiko

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)