+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coco hearing next week

Wish meslier had been given more game time rather than being judged on one game, although in that game his distribution was immaculate and he looked super confident, seems that casilla will be in goal for us whatever, unless he gets banned, he just seems to go from one disaster to another, surely he got all his medals by benchwarming and not actually playing.

This distribution shyte is overrated.
    Goalkeeper rule No1. Keep the ball out of the net.
    There are no other rules!

after Kiki gives up a howler or passes the ball to the striker he does get it out of the net very quickly

does that count for keeping it out of the net?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    This distribution shyte is overrated.
    Goalkeeper rule No1. Keep the ball out of the net.
    There are no other rules!
    Concur.... Keep ball out of net = 95%. Distiribution = 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Concur.... Keep ball out of net = 95%. Distiribution = 5%
    Agree and that would mean we were wrong to get rid of BPF (Yes, cracked record and don't give a rats ar5e who says so).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agree and that would mean we were wrong to get rid of BPF (Yes, cracked record and don't give a rats ar5e who says so).
    I dont think we were wrong to get rid of BPF, however I think Kiko should be held to account to the exact same standards and if so Meslier would be playing more often and might even be No 1 now.

That's what irks me most, is the stubbornness or favoritism that is evident. I could debate all day who is the better keeper, BPF or Kiko but I can't justify the inconsistent standards they are used by Biesla in this regard.

Very good point made by Phil Hay about Kiko”s mistake. It wasn’t a goalkeeping error as such but a mis-controlled pass to him. All the outfield players do this every game but it has fewer consequences whereas Kiko receives many passes each game and is usually very good.

Context eh!

Ok..so we give him that one...but what about all the others???

Needs dropping in my honest..humble..opinion.

Using Hay's logic......

Perhaps we should stop passing back to him. Just a thought

Hard to believe that the field players run and work at Leeds as hard as they do they'd pass the ball back to someone that's going to mess it up even once in a while.

It's not like we've scored a lot of goals from his distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Using Hay's logic......

Perhaps we should stop passing back to him. Just a thought

Hard to believe that the field players run and work at Leeds as hard as they do they'd pass the ball back to someone that's going to mess it up even once in a while.

It's not like we've scored a lot of goals from his distribution.
    Twice in the last couple of games he's 'distributed' the ball under no pressure straight down the middle of the pitch no further than 30 yards out to an opposition player- each time the player should have either scored or created a goal as a result, but didn't.

There was an article in i think the Telegraph online yesterday and it listed all the errors and how costly they've been, this year and last year, and made what i think is a very valid (semi-joking) point - even if we played the young lad and he threw one in against Bristol, we wouldn't notice the difference to previous weeks anyway, so the argument of him potentially not being good enough really doesn't hold any validity. Therefore, completely worth a shot.

(Especially without Coco in goal to save it).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)