+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Coco hearing next week

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Pete,

question for you on Meslier. May be callous but...

If Meslier plays and chokes is it really any different for Leeds than if he sits the bench the rest of the season and then moves on to another club?

I don't want to see anyone fail but if you don't get the chance on the big stage does it really matter if fail when you do get the chance.

Has to be pretty depressing to sit behind someone that's given up as many points as he has for us this season. High level athletes want the chance regardless of what others think. You aren't at this level unless someone thinks you can do it.
    You may be right, just my opinion pal, i agree many managers would have changed Kiko by now, Maybe MB is thinking same as me or maybe he has trust in Kiko, if he does then so do i,

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Pete,

you should actually hope there are a million fans a game that can't make it to ER.

the money to go to the next level is merchandising and TV. It's not really LUTV but worldwide media rights.

It's unfortunate that the FA is such a clown show. There were actually be a big market for some chamionship games which would only increase the interest in the prem. I have more than a few friends that watch championship games each weekend and some call it a much more "English" version of football. The parity in the championship is freaky.

You'd need €400m (£325m) in 2020 to even begin to compete according to Delottes Football Money report - further its stating that on pitch results are being too heavily influenced by financial resources available and how those resources are being obtained by the few more worryingly,so NO more Leicesters.
    The last decade alone represents the true rise of the super-clubs alongside the huge rise in money football has seen ..............
    a second Spanish treble
    a first German treble
    a first Italian treble
    a first English domestic treble
    three French domestic trebles in four years
    a first Champions League three-in-a-row in 42 years
    the first ever 100-point season in Spain, Italy and England
    ‘Invincible’ seasons in Italy, Portugal, Scotland and seven other European leagues
    13 of Europe’s 54 leagues currently seeing their longest run of titles by a single club or longest period of domination.

I cannot comment on Leeds media future projects but on the field if Bielea was financially backed in the transfer market unlike at Athletic Bilbao,Marseille,Lazio,Lille & Leeds Utd (with regard to specific players bought into key positions) then the Bielsa Yes or No debate would not exist,IMO on this forum.
    I can state that via historic economic facts on paper and being an active member of FSE (Football Supporters Europe) of many years that all those particular clubs coached by Bielsa had financial problems before they bought him in and more often than not promised funding didn't materialise when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    East stand, lot in there though, think what i was trying to say was course we all get frustrated when we do not finish teams off but all around are applauding in general the effort the lads put in week in week out and the football we are playing is as attractive as it has been for a long long time.

What I DO agree on is that we are playing the best football for years, what I do agree on is that in general the fans DO appreciate the effort put in EVERY blody game, I do agree with your sentiments about getting behind the team wherever possible, I think mine and no doubt thousands of other fans frustration is with the fact that for two seasons we haven't had an out and out finisher in the squad who would have taken advantage of the bucketloads of chances created most games and therefore would have prevented the sickly feeling most fans get when we are either behind, drawing or just one goal up in games we should have put to bed well before half time - and it is a theme that happens week after week - causing frustration and dissapointement for all Leeds fans whether they go to games or not.

Being frustrated and saying so is not a sign that the guys are not real fans - cause frankly not real fans wouldn't care if we where losing/drawing games we should have won.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    You'd need €400m (£325m) in 2020 to even begin to compete according to Delottes Football Money report - further its stating that on pitch results are being too heavily influenced by financial resources available and how those resources are being obtained by the few more worryingly,so NO more Leicesters.
    The last decade alone represents the true rise of the super-clubs alongside the huge rise in money football has seen ..............
    a second Spanish treble
    a first German treble
    a first Italian treble
    a first English domestic treble
    three French domestic trebles in four years
    a first Champions League three-in-a-row in 42 years
    the first ever 100-point season in Spain, Italy and England
    ‘Invincible’ seasons in Italy, Portugal, Scotland and seven other European leagues
    13 of Europe’s 54 leagues currently seeing their longest run of titles by a single club or longest period of domination.

I cannot comment on Leeds media future projects but on the field if Bielea was financially backed in the transfer market unlike at Athletic Bilbao,Marseille,Lazio,Lille & Leeds Utd (with regard to specific players bought into key positions) then the Bielsa Yes or No debate would not exist,IMO on this forum.
    I can state that via historic economic facts on paper and being an active member of FSE (Football Supporters Europe) of many years that all those particular clubs coached by Bielsa had financial problems before they bought him in and more often than not promised funding didn't materialise when needed.
    Exactly, Had we funded a decent striker for Bielsa we wouldn't be debating his tactics/stubborness or anything else for that matter - other than what we would need for next season - as we would probably be promoted already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Did anyone see the Fulham keeper yesterday against Barnsley..maybe Kiko isn't that bad after all
    Said on one of the other threads that the Casilla syndrome appeared to be spreading. Was almost as bad for both the Barnsley goals from open play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    What I DO agree on is that we are playing the best football for years, what I do agree on is that in general the fans DO appreciate the effort put in EVERY blody game, I do agree with your sentiments about getting behind the team wherever possible, I think mine and no doubt thousands of other fans frustration is with the fact that for two seasons we haven't had an out and out finisher in the squad who would have taken advantage of the bucketloads of chances created most games and therefore would have prevented the sickly feeling most fans get when we are either behind, drawing or just one goal up in games we should have put to bed well before half time - and it is a theme that happens week after week - causing frustration and dissapointement for all Leeds fans whether they go to games or not.

Being frustrated and saying so is not a sign that the guys are not real fans - cause frankly not real fans wouldn't care if we where losing/drawing games we should have won.
    Agree with every word

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)