+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The Net Busters v Celtic

They did, and I’m about to watch Sportscene to see why we didn’t get a penalty when some hooped oaf shoved Main in the back near the end of the first half. **** knows fit Ashto and McKenna were at in the lead up to the filth’s opening goal, and I think we forgot that Kennedy had been subbed and naebody tracked Tajer for their winner. Main gave the ****s a really uncomfortable afternoon, Logan, Ojo and McGinn played well, but MacLennan still looks like a startled fawn when forced to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    They did, and I’m about to watch Sportscene to see why we didn’t get a penalty when some hooped oaf shoved Main in the back near the end of the first half. **** knows fit Ashto and McKenna were at in the lead up to the filth’s opening goal, and I think we forgot that Kennedy had been subbed and naebody tracked Tajer for their winner. Main gave the ****s a really uncomfortable afternoon, Logan, Ojo and McGinn played well, but MacLennan still looks like a startled fawn when forced to make a decision.
    First goal Griffiths tried to jump into McKenna but he should have been stronger and wiped the little pr!ck out. Second goal was just a case of Ajer sprinting 70 yards with a 10 yard start on Considine and nobody else spotting the run.

I actually thought MacLennan had his best game for some time today, as did most outside McKenna who was weak on more than one occasion.

I think the starting 11 is now our strongest 11 but if Ojo is injured he’ll probably go with Bryson in midweek.

Hopefully we can kick on and get a result on Wednesday.

Can’t really complain about the effort today and I thought we at least deserved a point.

We actually seem to play better with Main in the team,causes the opposition all sorts of problems where Cosgrove just seems to jump aimlessly and can’t hold the ball up to save his life.

McGinn caused them all sorts of problems and playing more central should be his new role.

McLennan played well and even though Kennedy will get the assist for today I have never seen a winger who is so reluctant to try to cross the ball before.

I don’t think Ojo’s injury is too concerning, given that he took a place in the dugout when he came off rather than go to the dressing room.

If he’s unfit for the Killie game, McGeo or Bryso will replace him.

...and no Sportscene analysis of Main being shoved over by Brutey McBruteface. FFS.

The performance was much better than expected, the result was pretty much as expected.

Much more positive and unfortunately got hit by two goals on the break, both of which we should have defended better.

McGinn in the centre makes a huge difference - hopefully that’s where he’ll stay the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I don’t think Ojo’s injury is too concerning, given that he took a place in the dugout when he came off rather than go to the dressing room.

If he’s unfit for the Killie game, McGeo or Bryso will replace him.
    Definitely out for Wednesday.
    15 stitches in a gash on his knee.
    Doubtful for Ross County next weekend.
    Won’t be long-term though.
    McGeouch will come in.
    Think we’ll be careful with Bryson this time
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 16-02-2020 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The performance was much better than expected, the result was pretty much as expected.

Much more positive and unfortunately got hit by two goals on the break, both of which we should have defended better.

McGinn in the centre makes a huge difference - hopefully that’s where he’ll stay the rest of the season.
    Aye the goals were a mixture of poorly defended & a bit unlucky.

McKenna was weak initially & should flatten the gypsy.
    He’s then unlucky as he got back to tackle him & they got the break of the ball.
    The ball then pings about and ends up in our net.

The 2nd was from our attack.
    Considine’s lack of pace highlighted by Ajer gliding past him & Considine is 20 yards out of position when Ajer scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

I’ve been saying this to folk for weeks. Why can’t McGinn be harassing and creating in behind a striker with Kennedy and Hedges on the wing? If Nial has lost a step then he’s still got the tricks and the vision.

From the bits I saw , It looked like a team playing with a different mindset. I wonder if they have some additional staff to account for this new found belief in their ability - to hold the ball with at least some measure of composure, & actually pass (for the most part) to their own players. some anticipatory movement off the ball
    There were the odd wasted opportunity & hoofed effort to be sure , but relatively(for us) few - heady stuff compared to what we've come to expect.
    Even Taylor made some silky moves.

Celtic may have been poorer, but opposition always look poorer when the other team doesn't just gift them the ball on every occasion.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast