+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I honestly don't know when they will leave Roma , they departed from OGC Nice when they'd sold every player that command a decent fee .

Once the club isn't self sufficient I guess maybe the time they look for a buyer .

Then again I suppose they'd then introduce some austerity , close down the academy , shut the top tier of the east stand saving on stewards costs , make people redundant etc etc .

I may not ever again go through those turnstiles , who knows , you can easily get out of the swing of going after a while .

Got a grandson now so tons of stuff to do with the little un in the years to come .
    I only miss it when Laura starts nagging or tells me to turn my racing off for Soccer Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I only miss it when Laura starts nagging or tells me to turn my racing off for Soccer Saturday.
    You sure she's not asking you "what do you think of these pants" Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You sure she's not asking you "what do you think of these pants" Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Decision on hold Jules.

Moderate fans are now realising the nature of our owners and unrest is growing. If I detected signs of a change in ownership my interest would rekindle.

As Frogs has said elsewhere the owners may well go sooner than expected when they take note that there will be no significant saleable player assets left once they have sold Woodrow, Brown, Mowatt and Chaplin this summer and have failed to gain full ownership of the ground.
    The sale of OGC Nice came after they had sold the last of the players that would produce good profit when Allan Saint Maximin was sold to Newcastle. They had the accumulated a transfer surplus of £39 mill over two years and started discussions with Jim Ratcliffe over how much he would pay for the club. Previous owner Rivere spoke of how quickly they had walked off after wrecking his club

Who knows? Feelers may be put out concerning sale of the club and rumours may surface. The first sign may be the return of Goat who seems to be a go between when a sale is imminent. Fingers crossed.

FREE Marlon

FREE Bambo

By the way Jules well done fo turning art on a freezing neet. Sumdi on BBS sed he looked at the Director's Box to see just four people there, no of whom he recognised as being one of our owners.
    It was cr@p. I sat eating my tea, thinking “I hope the games off” Couldn’t have been less ar$ed really

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    80/20 no frum me Jules , summats got to change ( pensioner or not !) It's now called concession , paid full price far too long ennyrooard , av edda seerson ticket ovva fotty years , a shud gerrin fo nowt nar
    Should be paying you mate

Not a prayer with this lot still here.

Interesting poll on bbs with regard to ST renewals next season .

Currently 50% are renewing but obviously 50% aren't .

If that poll stacks up then you are looking at 5k ST holders next season which is unprecedented since the mid 90's .

That equates to average crowds next season of around 7k and possibly 6k if we aren't pulling any trees up .

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/wil...season.288698/

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Interesting poll on bbs with regard to ST renewals next season .

Currently 50% are renewing but obviously 50% aren't .

If that poll stacks up then you are looking at 5k ST holders next season which is unprecedented since the mid 90's .

That equates to average crowds next season of around 7k and possibly 6k if we aren't pulling any trees up .

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/wil...season.288698/
    To be fair they haven't been voting in their hundreds. If I'm being honest ì think sales will plummet but not by the 50% as the survey is currently telling us.

I'd suggest around a 20 to 25% drop in sales which is still considerable. By my estimations that would end up near to 1 million pounds which is certainly a considerable loss in revenue. The loss of at least 6 million Television revenue is also to factor in.

I don't know what contracts the players are on but I hope they are variable pay wise as to which league we're operating in. When you consider the signings in the summer are all tied up to 3/4 year deals, there's a possibly that it could be on championship wages for the duration of their deals. If that's the case then we are gonna be in big big trouble financially.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    To be fair they haven't been voting in their hundreds. If I'm being honest ì think sales will plummet but not by the 50% as the survey is currently telling us.

I'd suggest around a 20 to 25% drop in sales which is still considerable. By my estimations that would end up near to 1 million pounds which is certainly a considerable loss in revenue. The loss of at least 6 million Television revenue is also to factor in.

I don't know what contracts the players are on but I hope they are variable pay wise as to which league we're operating in. When you consider the signings in the summer are all tied up to 3/4 year deals, there's a possibly that it could be on championship wages for the duration of their deals. If that's the case then we are gonna be in big big trouble financially.
    Agree it's difficult to get an exact figure for what the sales are likely to be .

I'd factor in personally an error margin of 15% and say sales will be down by 35% .

That's massively substantial as you've pointed out Pass and will impact on the budget for next season .

BACK THE BOARD ! Wee wan yor munny !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast