+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex go west (part 2)

Alex go west (part 2)

Well in the battle for promotion between S. Cheshire and the West Country we enter the second of three away matches. At Swindon it went a bit pear-shaped but we were just beginning a little slump at the time. Last three games we have seen a bit more of the early season Crewe. So what'll happen?
    First, we've got to hope that they've got decent drainage at Home Park otherwise it may become a temporary swimming pool.
    As a repository of ex-Alex players, there will be quite a few in the Argyle team who may have additional motivation on Saturday. Therefore, if the game goes ahead, I worry (just for a change&#128521 that we may have a few problems containing them.
    They played us off the park in the 1st half of the season opener añd hopefully we've learnt how to stand up to such an early onslaught. However, we've had little to convince us of that lately. Whatever, we cannot go a goal down in this one as I fear the 90th minute winner will not happen in this game.
    For me a miserable 0-2 after a torrentially wet weekend in Plymouth.

Come on! Any thoughts?
    I'm already here! Let's hope the game goes ahead!🌥️

In terms of the open day of the season I believe we have made progress as a team, we are full of confidence and are one of the inform team in the league. Then again so are Plymouth.

It will be interesting to see how we go on against 7 ex Crewe players if you count Ryan Lowe and Steven Schumacher.

Hoping that the weather doesn't ruin what should be a good game of football, between to in form teams. I hope the Alex can nick all three points however I think the most importing thing is not to lose. After all that would still put us a point clear of them even if they win their game in hand.

A pretty even game overall. Hung on 2 'penalty' decisions and Porter's amazing open goal miss. Not laying too much at Porter's feet as he's earned us plenty of points.
    Last 5 minutes were a contrast to previous games as many wrong decisions were made.
    Must win next 3 games and fingers crossed for Macc on Tuesday night.

Long wait from Tuesday night Gazan, take your sleeping bag

Brain patterns, eh? It was just occurring to me that we were due to play Exeter on March 3rd which interrupts our run of fixtures against the bottom 3 as I wrote the final word.🤯

I was a little worried about you but perhaps it was the Southern weather lol

There was plenty of it🙂

According to DA hung on 3 penalty decisions - 2 stonewall ones turned down for us 1st half - foul on Jonah before the one on Walker, who ref said he should have booked for diving!