Treat your loved ones to a Track Days Experience voucher for when the lockdown ends!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: unexpected meetings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,758

    unexpected meetings

    when the toon played posh

    we were allowed onto the team coach with terry mac and kk and the players as they were leaving

    but where is the most unusual place you have met a toon player past or present


    mine would be phillipe albert who was working on a veg stall on a market in belgium

    i had my toon top on as we were on a stag do and baccy run

    went to this stall in the market square to get some oranges and bannanas for energy

    he served me and i wasnt taking much notice
    when he said thats a great team you support
    i had me head down and said something like yes cheers

    when i looked up i went to pay him and thought i know you from somewhere
    as i turned away my mate (also a toon fan suddenly realise it was him )
    we had a rendition of the song and a quick chat and of we went

    also met gerrard dupodou at the metz game
    but he never played for us

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    when the toon played posh

    we were allowed onto the team coach with terry mac and kk and the players as they were leaving

    but where is the most unusual place you have met a toon player past or present


    mine would be phillipe albert who was working on a veg stall on a market in belgium

    i had my toon top on as we were on a stag do and baccy run

    went to this stall in the market square to get some oranges and bannanas for energy

    he served me and i wasnt taking much notice
    when he said thats a great team you support
    i had me head down and said something like yes cheers

    when i looked up i went to pay him and thought i know you from somewhere
    as i turned away my mate (also a toon fan suddenly realise it was him )
    we had a rendition of the song and a quick chat and of we went

    also met gerrard dupodou at the metz game
    but he never played for us
    😂

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,455
    Quite a few.

    Out for a lunchtime walk at work and bumped into Graham Taylor and Keith Gillespie coaching some kids at rugby club.

    Bumped into Aaron Hughes at a sports centre.

    Walked by Tom Huddlstone at a coaching clinic, was told Joey Barton was there too but didn't see him.

    Not a Toon player, but out jogging and bumped unto Teddy Sheringham coming out of a random cafe in a track suit. Saw Dennis Law, George Best.

    Loads more

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    32,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Quite a few.

    Out for a lunchtime walk at work and bumped into Graham Taylor and Keith Gillespie coaching some kids at rugby club.

    Bumped into Aaron Hughes at a sports centre.

    Walked by Tom Huddlstone at a coaching clinic, was told Joey Barton was there too but didn't see him.

    Not a Toon player, but out jogging and bumped unto Teddy Sheringham coming out of a random cafe in a track suit. Saw Dennis Law, George Best.

    Loads more
    I met Bobbyv in the power house, it was a great night.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,455
    Hey, whatever gets you ladies through the night is OK by me.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by zoggs View Post
    I met Bobbyv in the power house, it was a great night.

    That must have been a great night for you mate

    Met Peter Beardsley quite a few times as my Ex Father in law and Peters Dad were best of mates

    He used to come into The Fusiliers at Forest Hall often

    My mate Kevin Arnott used to play for the Mackems but he is a staunch Toon Supporter

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Quite a few.

    Out for a lunchtime walk at work and bumped into Graham Taylor and Keith Gillespie coaching some kids at rugby club.

    Bumped into Aaron Hughes at a sports centre.

    Walked by Tom Huddlstone at a coaching clinic, was told Joey Barton was there too but didn't see him.

    Not a Toon player, but out jogging and bumped unto Teddy Sheringham coming out of a random cafe in a track suit. Saw Dennis Law, George Best.

    Loads more
    i met george best in noel cantwells pub

    i was friends with noels son and noel signed me as a yts at posh
    i was playing at corby and was late back for or usuall crown to town saturday crawl so i met half waydown in cantwells pub

    he told me to go through to the lounge (most pubs still had lounges and bar areas then ) i thought i was in for a *******ing at first as noel had a temper

    but when i went around sitting at the bar with his wife maagie was george

    we wrer introduced and had a chat
    he was so quiet when he spoke
    and i could see why he was a hit wth the ladies

    as he and maggie went to leave i blurted out could i have your autograph (we didnt have mobiles etc then ) the only papaer i could find was the pievce that ahd the kareoke date and time on it

    so on the front it has the dates and on the back
    nice to meet you
    and his signature

    along with my kk photo and signature takes pride of place in me man cave

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by zoggs View Post
    I met Bobbyv in the power house, it was a great night.
    Alreet soft c*ck

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyv9 View Post
    Alreet soft c*ck
    But was it soft Bobby thatís what everyone wants to know

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    32,176
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyv9 View Post
    Alreet soft c*ck
    Alright mate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •