+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Burnley Match Preview

Southampton v Burnley Match Preview

It may be St Valentine’s Day today but there will be no love and affection on show for our visit to St Mary’s stadium tomorrow. The rest of the season begins there and we need to build on the much improved performances against Leicester Manchester United and Arsenal. Let’s not forget the historical markers too. We last did the double over the Saints in the glorious 1946/47 season. An opening day 3-0 win over a hapless Southampton gives us the perfect platform to repeat that feat. Saints results have much improved since then when they also suffered a humiliating 9-0 home defeat by Leicester. We are now locked together on 31 points and Saints manager Hasenhüttl will doubtless be keen to bolster their miserable home record this season with a victory over the Clarets. He may have to do so without James Ward-Prowse but he will have ex-Claret Danny Ings available to face his former club. Jay Rodriguez will make a return to St Mary’s and the relative performances of the strikers Ings/Long v Wood/Rodriguez could well decide the outcome of this match. COYC!
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 14-02-2020 at 07:55 AM.

I'm just about ready to set off to pick my lad up in Baxenden, then it's the dreaded 5 hour road trip to Southampton.

I'm looking forward to my expected 3-0 rout of the Saints and returning back on Sunday, with three points and hopefully a manageable hangover!

Have a good trip BT.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm just about ready to set off to pick my lad up in Baxenden, then it's the dreaded 5 hour road trip to Southampton.

I'm looking forward to my expected 3-0 rout of the Saints and returning back on Sunday, with three points and hopefully a manageable hangover!
    Hope it all goes well BT, the weather forecast is somewhat alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Hope it all goes well BT, the weather forecast is somewhat alarming.
    Sinkov--- he probably saw the forecast in the Telegraph, Express or Mail so he didn't believe it anyway ---now had it been in the Palestinian Gazette --that would have been another thing!

Have a safe trip BT, whatever the weather and whatever the result! --Remember----it is only a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sinkov--- he probably saw the forecast in the Telegraph, Express or Mail so he didn't believe it anyway ---now had it been in the Palestinian Gazette --that would have been another thing!

Have a safe trip BT, whatever the weather and whatever the result! --Remember----it is only a game!
    It's only a game if they play it Sub, strong winds and the Elf and Safety Executive are a lethal combination when it comes to getting games played.

The strong wins could work in our favour with our kick it long game,I can even see Popeye getting on the score sheet tomorrow.

Barry Kilby has provided me with two tickets so will be with the Directors for the match. Will have a word with Mt Garlick and ask him where all the money has gone... (Or maybe not).

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Barry Kilby has provided me with two tickets so will be with the Directors for the match. Will have a word with Mt Garlick and ask him where all the money has gone... (Or maybe not).
    You could ask him where Gibson has gone as well while you're at it Matelot....or maybe not.

You could try and nick the key to the dry powder room of him as well..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)