+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Joel Bagan

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    People can moan about Ardley not playing youth team players till they lose their voices or their fingers get sore (from typing) but of most of our previous managers he's the one with the most history with young players, running Cardiff's academy and seeing a few players make it through to the first team and he's spoke previously about giving plenty of young players their debuts at Wimbledon as if they were good enough they were old enough and if they did enough to impress him he wouldn't be afraid to play them.

Maybe our youngsters just aren't up to scratch at the moment? It's no good saying "if you don't play them you won't know" because that's nonsense, if I went down to the local park and watched some of the fat blokes kicking the ball into the bushes I'd be able to tell you they weren't good enough to make the step up, no need to "throw them in and see how they do"
    This is a good post and makes a lot of sense. The thing is as well we have also brought in young players with an eye for them getting better with time and maybe improving over a few seasons to which we could sell on.

Let’s take a look at the list of Under 25’s who have played in the first team this season;

Regan Booty - Age 21 (20 appearances)
    Dion Kelly-Evans - Age 23 (15 appearances)
    Pierce Bird - Age 20 (13 appearances)
    Sam Osborne - Age 20 (11 appearances)
    Tom Crawford - Age 20 (4 appearances)
    Callum Roberts - Age 22 (3 appearances)

So the youth we have at the club have got to be as good as or better than these to stand a chance of getting in the first team the way I see it.

That’s why most are out on loan, so that they can develop to at least the levels of the above players so hopefully they can challenge them for a place in the side. If and when they are good enough they will no doubt get their chance of first team action.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    So basically you’ve started this post asking genuine questions but then proceed to rant like you know the answers and NA has made the wrong decision.
    If you don’t know how good our academy LB’s are then why would you criticise the manager for bringing someone in?
    My KTD have you had 3 shredded wheat today?
    I'm concerned about NA'S Ethos.
    We have an academy and under 18s at the club,
    They play and train every day.
    I believe there must be someone in that set up that can step into the team and play a game of football at left back......
    In my eyes it's simple, you play and train and if there's cover for an injury you promote a player in that position.
    Hopefully he will rise through the ranks and become an asset for the club.
    The left back issue not a massive issue we have cover from with in the current squad, wouldn't it be nice to have faith in one of our youngsters to fill the bench and come on as required..
    Perhaps I'm a dreamer,but I'm not the only one..

People can moan about Ardley not playing youth team players till they lose their voices or their fingers get sore (from typing) but of most of our previous managers he's the one with the most history with young players, running Cardiff's academy and seeing a few players make it through to the first team and he's spoke previously about giving plenty of young players their debuts at Wimbledon as if they were good enough they were old enough and if they did enough to impress him he wouldn't be afraid to play them.

Maybe our youngsters just aren't up to scratch at the moment? It's no good saying "if you don't play them you won't know" because that's nonsense, if I went down to the local park and watched some of the fat blokes kicking the ball into the bushes I'd be able to tell you they weren't good enough to make the step up, no need to "throw them in and see how they do"
    Sounds like your on about Darren kaskey there Freeman.
    But for every fat bloke kicking the ball into bushes is an half decent player that had he trained and played football everyday could have become a decent player..
    Our squad must surely by law of averages have some decent players in there.after all they train and play everyday...
    I'm sure they are a step up from the fat man on the park,or you would think so.

Another solid post from Mad Magpie, I like this guy's work. It's not homegrown but clearly enough youth in and around the first team

Excellent post. I don’t want anyone thrown to see how they go. Especially at this time of the season. Mickey Mouse cup games maybe. If you are someone’s’ relative or friend then you might think differently but with just 13 matches to go I would rather trust Neal Ardleys’ judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Sounds like your on about Darren kaskey there Freeman.
    But for every fat bloke kicking the ball into bushes is an half decent player that had he trained and played football everyday could have become a decent player..
    Our squad must surely by law of averages have some decent players in there.after all they train and play everyday...
    I'm sure they are a step up from the fat man on the park,or you would think so.
    You are of course aware that Neal Ardley has constant communication with his coaches that are coaching the younger players, sees them "training and playing every day" for himself and makes decisions that keep him in a job paying his bills? If he thought there was someone in the youth team that could adequately step up then what reason would he have to not use him? While he's the captain of this ship it's his priority to not sink it.

It's alright hoping we have someone good enough in the youth team but if we don't then we don't, there's nothing Ardley can do about that in the short term but the idea that he's ignoring the masses of talent we have in our youth team is just daft, how could he possibly benefit from doing that?

You are of course aware that Neal Ardley has constant communication with his coaches that are coaching the younger players, sees them "training and playing every day" for himself and makes decisions that keep him in a job paying his bills? If he thought there was someone in the youth team that could adequately step up then what reason would he have to not use him? While he's the captain of this ship it's his priority to not sink it.

It's alright hoping we have someone good enough in the youth team but if we don't then we don't, there's nothing Ardley can do about that in the short term but the idea that he's ignoring the masses of talent we have in our youth team is just daft, how could he possibly benefit from doing that?
    Spot on, my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If you are someone’s’ relative or friend then you might think differently but with just 13 matches to go I would rather trust Neal Ardleys’ judgement.
    I'm not exactly Ardley's biggest fan, but I would agree with that.

After the thread took an unexpected bizarre twist , it's spurned some good debate and impressive pleasing comments.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    After the thread took an unexpected bizarre twist , it's spurned some good debate and impressive pleasing comments.
    It's a bit like Midsomer Murders.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast