+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Bristol City ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    WTF and Pete...FFS give it a break guys. X
    He started it, nah nah ne nah nah!😛😛😛

In my honest judgement and for what its worth, I'd like to comment on the usual talking points . There was something for the the possys and for the neggys both today.
    Firstly, it was a 1-0 walkover. Whether they let us play and hoped for a break, or whether we were that good, they never got into it, hard to say but I think we were just too good for them. Cassilla had little to do, but on the few occasions that that the titties did threaten, you could feel the human nature nervousness around you. Bamford played well, yes played well, but he is never an out and out striker. Always the wrong side of the defender .We really are missing an ugly, in ur face,in the box, finisher. Couple of times the tity keeper parried and there was no-one there to scoop up and score. Harrison can beat men for fun, but no final ball. Or is because there is no-one in the box to look for the final ball. We want to walk or even dribble the ball into the net. Dallas is the only one to have a shot. Costa ok too but he's lightweight and needs to stand up stronger.
    Some really good moves to get in behind them, but again the pass was often overhit. JKA didn't really have time to impress but seems ok and with better fitness will improve. Ayling was very good today, but the standout for me was Phillips. Exceptional, and will play in the Prem next season and i hope with Leeds.
    The attitude of the players today seemed to show that they want it. They are not perfect, but if they perform consistently, for the remaining games, like they did today, then we are going up.
    And i actually believe, we are going up.
    MOT.

Ps. though that last season too 😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    In my honest judgement and for what its worth, I'd like to comment on the usual talking points . There was something for the the possys and for the neggys both today.
    Firstly, it was a 1-0 walkover. Whether they let us play and hoped for a break, or whether we were that good, they never got into it, hard to say but I think we were just too good for them. Cassilla had little to do, but on the few occasions that that the titties did threaten, you could feel the human nature nervousness around you. Bamford played well, yes played well, but he is never an out and out striker. Always the wrong side of the defender .We really are missing an ugly, in ur face,in the box, finisher. Couple of times the tity keeper parried and there was no-one there to scoop up and score. Harrison can beat men for fun, but no final ball. Or is because there is no-one in the box to look for the final ball. We want to walk or even dribble the ball into the net. Dallas is the only one to have a shot. Costa ok too but he's lightweight and needs to stand up stronger.
    Some really good moves to get in behind them, but again the pass was often overhit. JKA didn't really have time to impress but seems ok and with better fitness will improve. Ayling was very good today, but the standout for me was Phillips. Exceptional, and will play in the Prem next season and i hope with Leeds.
    The attitude of the players today seemed to show that they want it. They are not perfect, but if they perform consistently, for the remaining games, like they did today, then we are going up.
    MOT.

With you on all that (maybe with the exception if Augustin not doing what required, but then again neither has Bamford!)

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    MOT.

Good stuff, thanks for the report

Agree this is our year.....

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Yes Pete, unlike you and a number of others, I have (its public record on here for one thing) changed my opinion of Harrison and happy to do so, unlike the "happy clapper" who is costing us at least the wage he is stealing as our No. 1 keeper and who is likely to cost us promotion if his performance in today's match (where EVERY other player on the park was well worthy of being there), is repeated between here and seasons end (and not for the first time). But you keep on singing his praises if you wish.

"Get behind the team", until we end up bottling it in the playoffs? Or, God forbid we get promoted and Casilla is retained as No. 1 keeper as part of the PL squad for 20/21!!!
    Its quite funny that though you admit to having been wrong about Harrison - this particular statement is very similar to ones you posted about him last season - ie "Stealing a wage" waste of space etc etc - so it could be that this time next season you are again "admitting" you where wrong about Coco?
    Your adamant stance and outrage at certain players can often come back to bite your bum fella.

For the record I think Coco is having a bad spell to put it mildly - but tend to think Bielsa knows what he is doing despite contrary opinions on here.

Speaking with a few guys that went yesterday they had nothing but praise for Barndoor yesterday, he got a standing ovation when he was replaced.

What a difference a week makes though eh?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Happy to see us claw back a couple if points on the Baggies, just wondering if Bartley is a Leeds spy/secret weapon (put through his own net and provides the blind linesman with an excuse for offside to deny you a winner)?😏
    Gave a penalty away midweek V Reading as well.
    Very divisive at the club among the fans...Much improved on last year but lacks organizational skills to marshal a back line.
    His possible replacement is probably worse by a small margin.....
    That said...our GK has improved but lacks ability to come off his line....such is life....

Scored the winner for you in midweek too if I remeber rightly?

and you could be talking about any of our last half dozen keepers there too..

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Its quite funny that though you admit to having been wrong about Harrison - this particular statement is very similar to ones you posted about him last season - ie "Stealing a wage" waste of space etc etc - so it could be that this time next season you are again "admitting" you where wrong about Coco?
    Your adamant stance and outrage at certain players can often come back to bite your bum fella.

For the record I think Coco is having a bad spell to put it mildly - but tend to think Bielsa knows what he is doing despite contrary opinions on here.

Speaking with a few guys that went yesterday they had nothing but praise for Barndoor yesterday, he got a standing ovation when he was replaced.

What a difference a week makes though eh?
    How is my acknowledging that I was wrong about Harrison in any way shape or form comparable to the disaster that I said Casilla would be before he arrived at the club (yeah, I know, got slagged for that too). He cost us promotion last season, and he has every capability of doing so this. I hope I'm wrong, honestly I do, but EVERY performance, (including yesterday when he so nearly cost us two points with his pi55-poor passing from the area), seems like a disaster waiting to happen, we just ran out of game time for it to happen yesterday.

As for Bamford, I've said it before, say it again and will keep on saying it, he puts a shift in ever match, (with the odd bit of histrionics thrown in for good measure), chases everything, chases back, excellent hold up play etc etc, just not a cold, clinical finisher, unfortunately, otherwise he'd be the perfect CF. As long as he doesn't score (and sometime even when he does as it seems more good fortune than skill) we are exposed as we have no teeth up front.

Another one I hope I'm wrong about, JKA, but I don't think so. time will tell hmm?

Just pointing out that if/when you have such strong opinions and you are subsequently proved wrong that it's quite funny to see youre having to backtrack.
    Generally though I do agtree with a lot of what you say - tend to disagree with the way you say it more often than not thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Just pointing out that if/when you have such strong opinions and you are subsequently proved wrong that it's quite funny to see youre having to backtrack.
    Generally though I do agtree with a lot of what you say - tend to disagree with the way you say it more often than not thats all.
    Didn't get that in your earlier post.

Don't see being man enough to admit when you're wrong as funny or anything tbh. Been wrong on a few things, right on a few things, and admitted when I'm wrong, Harrison being one such, Bielsa doing what he has done despite the challenges of not speaking English (and that's just a genuine comment, not a dig) being another.

Does make me wonder why, after I called out the "introduction" of Sacko, Anita, Sloth, Buoy, Ineguchi, Ekuban, De bock, Wiedewald (who can forget him!!!), Cibiki, and all the other Orta-inspired supermarket sweep candidates, and was subsequently proved right, those who bleated about not giving them time to prove whether they were good enough stay deathly quiet on the subject, rather than manning up and admitting they were wrong, or is only when your proved right and its positive that you need to do that?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)