+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Man City Banned from Europe

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,750

    Man City Banned from Europe

    Banned from playing in European competitions for the next two years and fined 25M.

    They have been found guilty of committing "serious breaches" of Uefa's club licensing and financial fair play regulations.

    With Peps mission to win in Europe now in tatters, will he do one?

    'Bout time the big clubs were brought to book.

    But they will appeal.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34,420
    They will no doubt wintheir appeal.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,570
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

    They have been found guilty of committing "serious breaches" of Uefa's club licensing and financial fair play regulations.

    'Bout time the big clubs were brought to book.
    And if they're the only ones guilty of committing serious breaches of Eufa's regs, I'll show my arse in Burton's window.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,750
    Thank God the Burtons in Morecambe has closed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    And if they're the only ones guilty of committing serious breaches of Eufa's regs, I'll show my arse in Burton's window.

    can keep yer pants on - Sinkov...!


    this should be interesting -- Financial doping (PSG etc) v UEFA Match Fixing etc etc etc .





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    can keep yer pants on - Sinkov...!


    this should be interesting -- Financial doping (PSG etc) v UEFA Match Fixing etc etc etc .




    norder --it will be fai in the future though ---they will use VAR!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    9,570
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

    But they will appeal.
    They are appealing, and Martin Samuel makes the fairly cynical point, that the inevitable appeal hearing is probably the reason Uefa have given them a two year ban. The ban can be reduced to one year on appeal and both sides can then claim some sort of victory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •