+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leicester Game Thread

Absolutely no advantage gained from the one millimeter of offsides. Disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I'm with you, Mich', bluddy VAR has done for us once again! I hope this gives us the incentive to really go for it in the second half rather than dwell on what might (should) have been. This is certainly a game we need to win (and if there is any justice in this world, we will). Thankfully, Vardy, has been quiet so far, let's hope he stays that way. I think we can win this, so COYW !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    If they are going to deal in Millimeters they are going to have to find a technically precise way of measuring and displaying, on the playback, exactly when the ball leaves the foot of the passer. The pass is not an instantaneous
    occurrence, for some time, however small, the ball is in contact with the foot of the passer. If you are going to deal in
    very small measurements of distance you have to do the same with time and display exactly when the ball is no longer in contact with the passers boot to make the right desicion.

I forecast a 2-2 draw but have a feeling one goal is going to win this game, just hope it's us!

Come on boys, gotta get one now, a man advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Come on boys, gotta get one now, a man advantage.
    Jiminez, that was a good chance, maybe the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Jiminez, that was a good chance, maybe the chance!
    Yep. VAR definitely screwed us, but we had some other can’t miss chances

FT 0-0 and another three points gone begging, but credit to Leicester for a worthy effort with ten men. Poor old, Jimenez, couldn't make anything stick on a night when he could have so easily scored a hatrick with his head. He didn't and we didn't ! Although disappointed with the end result, I thought Jonny was our man of the match. Not sure that waiting until the hour mark before introducing Traore was the right thing to do, but who am I to question the motives of the mighty Nuno. One point is better than no point at all I suppose, but it does little to advance our chances of a spot in the Champions League next season. Disappointed, I'm going back to bed..... 'Night all.

A frustrating and disappointing night. For two thirds of the game neither team wanted to loose, and for one third we wanted to win it. Once again VAR spoilt the evening for all the Wolves supporters, and as the crowd showed their displeasure the referee blew for half time.

Captain Coady was giving Mike Dean a right earful as they left the pitch, but not before the referee had carded Neves for his protest. The guys around me spent half time looking at the incident on their phones or reading texts from supporters at home. The general feeling was F..K VAR.

Both sides were cancelling each other out with much of the play taking place around midfield. We were creating the better chances but both sides looked rusty in front of goal. Vardy didn't get much of a look in against our strong back three who all looked comfortable on the ball. Saiss is really playing well on the left, stopping several attacks with crunching challenges, while Dendoncker's stats show that he covered more distance than any other player on the pitch.

The introduction of Traore and the Leicester red card swung the game in Wolves favour but try as they did, the visitors hung on for a draw. VAR has cost us four points against The Foxes this season, we should be on 40 points with Leicester on 48.

Back to The Europa League on Thursday, lets hope our lads have their shooting boots on.

Agreed, frustrating and disappointing for sure. However perspective, look how far we have come, we have proved we can outplay any team in the Premiership on our day. Today, again, we could just not put the finishing touch to our performance but we were the better team. We are just that 10% away form being the real deal, hopefully further filling out the squad will get us there.

Who would have thunk it just a couple of years ago!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)