+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashes on NYS turf??

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Just got a quick question please.
    My mates grandad has recently passed away and he was wondering if the club let you spread some ashes on NYS pitch?
    I'm sure you can but need it confirming..anyone know if you can please?
    I'll contact the club for him anyway but if you could help with any info it would be great ta UTM
    Quite recently I read on this site that another madster had been denied permission to scatter ashes on the pitch.

He could always do an Eric Morecambe

Ask the Booths if you can scatter them at Millmoor.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Ask the Booths if you can scatter them at Millmoor.
    I'm sure they'll agree if the price is right

There’s been a thread about this before.

I can’t remember with any certainty but I think the opinion was that the club does allow this at certain times if arranged in advance with them.

So best contact the club and ask?

I'm pretty sure it's not allowed, however I know of a couple of souls who had their ashes buried (in an urn) somewhere near the goal at the North Stand end. Off the field of play, obviously. This was within the first couple of years of the stadium opening so I don't know if they still do it. I also don't know if this was permanent or temporary either.
    The pitch is taken up at the end of every season these days so I'm guessing it might just have been for a few months or even just one game.

Wait until we win the league against Sunderland at home. There will be a pitch invasion and then they can do what they like.

I hope this answer meets mardy Crash’s relevance test.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12