+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Manchester City banned

Manchester City banned

Manchester City have been banned from European football for 2 seasons for breaching FFP subject to appeal.

Oh dear. Haha

It's not just on Twitter so I guess it's not your typical Valentine's Day Hoax (or is that another day?)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51510284

Manchester City have been banned from European club competition for the next two seasons after being found to have committed "serious breaches" of Uefa's club licensing and financial fair play regulations.

So what?

All it will be now is a battle of the solicitors and appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's not just on Twitter so I guess it's not your typical Valentine's Day Hoax (or is that another day?)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51510284

Sadly the BBC is no longer a source of truthful and reliable reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Sadly the BBC is no longer a source of truthful and reliable reporting
    Maybe not, but then again who is these day?

Excellent! At last somebody has the balls to tackle the financial skullduggery in football. Of course appeals are to be made but as it stands it could be good news for the Blades. Let's hope that the EPL and EFL follow suit (not holding my breath on that one though)

Obviously an opportunity to have a chunter about the Beeb must never be missed (apparently). A bit pointless in this case though. The story is all over the media, including the Man City website

Does that mean whoever gets 5th place in premiership plays in champions league?

Also what about Barcelona I hear they have bought a player outside transfer window and are going to play him this season

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Maybe not, but then again who is these day?
    True, but the BBC is a public funded organisation so standards should be impeccable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast