+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't football any more

This ain't football any more

Chant from wolves fans after another good goal disallowed for a toenail offside.
    Have to see watching it I agree.

Why not get rid of refs ,and lets leave it to var.?
    This ain't football any more.

Should have watched Hull v Swansea

It’s bit by bit change so folks tend not to notice it but basically football has been going down the pan for years

VAR is just the latest attempt to paper over the cracks

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s bit by bit change so folks tend not to notice it but basically football has been going down the pan for years

VAR is just the latest attempt to paper over the cracks
    Don't understand Grist? In what way are you saying football has been going down the pan? and what cracks are they papering over In your opinion?.......genuine question BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Don't understand Grist? In what way are you saying football has been going down the pan? and what cracks are they papering over In your opinion?.......genuine question BTW
    Chasing the Premiership dream at all costs. Player greed. Rich getting richer, poor going to the wall. Player behaviour. TV running the game. Just to name a few maybe? VAR is small potatoes in the overall picture.

Had the same complaints about DRS and TMO when they were first introduced. It took a while authorities to get it right and fans to get used to it - now they are an integral part of these sports.

Notice as the season has gone on there have been fewer complaints var.

Although, interestingly, the same fans who whinged when tv proved officials got decisions wrong are now complaining when tv technology helps officials get decisions right.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Chasing the Premiership dream at all costs. Player greed. Rich getting richer, poor going to the wall. Player behaviour. TV running the game. Just to name a few maybe? VAR is small potatoes in the overall picture.
    Yellow boots, players wearing gloves, man bras, sleep therapists, Gary Lineker....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    To be honest CAM I never wanted VAR , but officials seemed to be getting more than a few things wrong and needed help, and whatever anyone else thinks it is getting better IMO.
    I do think it needs tweaking again, and I personally would like them to flip the rule on offsides to say if any part of the player is ONSIDE (toenail included), then the goal should stand, after all it's all about goals.
    I do take the points you put , certainly about TV running the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Yellow boots, players wearing gloves, man bras, sleep therapists, Gary Lineker....
    Seeing the physique of our average fans I'm hoping the man bras catch on.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast